Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Buy custom build pc or build it myself?

Visvaldeliss

Hello everyone!

First of all, thank you, Linus, for this great forum and your content! It's on my top channels list I watch! ?

I want to upgrade my setup and started to look around.., and found the few places where I can buy prebuild pc and be at my house in +-3 days from a local shop, but I hear a lot that I can find better deals and build pc better and cheaper myself if I invest time to look for those parts online...

So my 1st question is - If I live in EU, where to look for pc parts to buy?

And the second one - Should I build myself or buy prebuild and have it in a few days if I can find something like this one:

CPU - Intel® Core™ i5-8500 Processor 9M Cache, up to 4.10 GHz

Motherboard - ASUS TUF B360-PRO GAMING

Memory - Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB DDR4 2400MHz 1,2V XMP 2.0 - Black

Storage - Kingston SSD A400, 480GB, 500/450MB/s

Video Card - ASUS Cerberus GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti Advanced Edition 8GB GDDR5

Case - 101-tuf-gaming + RGB (special edition for ASUS)

Power Supply - Xilence 730W 80+ BRONZE® certified Active-PFC

All this now on sale there = 1 099.00€

And I need a monitor, so I think on that pc best would be something like - 1440p 144hz right?

But I found on the same store this monitor - Acer Predator XB271HUAbmiprz 27 165Hz GAMING LED (with one dead pixel) = 610.00€

I have little experience in building, upgrading PC's, but not an expert as you see for sure, but I like it, I might even want it to turn it into my hobby.

So what're your thoughts on this? Is that fair price? Can I find the -+ same but cheaper? If yes, then - where? Amazon co UK is best for those who live in EU or what other places?

You can buy parts pretty much everywhere, from Amazon over eBay to local retailers. I'd suggest checking PcPartpicker, I've found they're really good of keeping track of retailers and their prices for specific components.

And I'd always build a PC myself, it's usually cheaper plus you learn a lot while doing it. And it's not really difficult

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

some parts definitly need a change. I wouldn't buy it for 1099,00 dollars. If you can build it yourself, I can show you what you can get for your money.

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

some parts definitly need a change. I wouldn't buy it for 1099,00 dollars. If you can build it yourself, I can show you what you can get for your money.

2 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

You can buy parts pretty much everywhere, from Amazon over eBay to local retailers. I'd suggest checking PcPartpicker, I've found they're really good of keeping track of retailers and their prices for specific components.

And I'd always build a PC myself, it's usually cheaper plus you learn a lot while doing it. And it's not really difficult

WOW, what a fast reply! ?

Yes it would be great if you show me what is possible to build on the same +- range of price

I think I have the experience to build it myself, at least with youtube help, and to learn it more is interesting for me, could be my new hobby.

8 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Which parts would you switch out?

I guess I'd get 16 GB of RAM, and the 1070ti is essentially a 1080, so maybe I'd try and get that. And Ryzen seems to be all the rage in low- to mid budget builds, but I haven't really taken the time to check out AMDs CPU lineup in full...

So is the rest probably

4 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

First of all bossman, what is your budget

About 1100€ I'd guess xD

So is the rest probably

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€159.90 @ Alternate) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€137.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€134.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€77.40 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€44.90 @ Caseking) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (€469.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€49.90 @ Caseking) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€94.90 @ Caseking) 
Total: €1168.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-18 10:47 CET+0100

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

3 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€159.90 @ Alternate) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€137.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€134.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€77.40 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€44.90 @ Caseking) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (€469.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€49.90 @ Caseking) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€94.90 @ Caseking) 
Total: €1168.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-18 10:47 CET+0100

Thank you both! Looks interesting...? What about the monitor? -+ 500 euros

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, now instead of youtube, I will be playing with pcpartpicker and refreshing Amazon all day...  ?

@NunoLava1998 @LukeSavenije so it's better to open pcpartpicker DE version and look parts from there? What difference from versions (Of course not the US) like the UK? I live in Lithuania (EU country).

Just now, Visvaldeliss said:

@NunoLava1998 @LukeSavenije so it's better to open pcpartpicker DE version and look parts from there? What difference from versions (Of course not the US) like the UK? I live in Lithuania (EU country).

Well, german pricing is a good baseline fot european pricing in general, that's why. There isn't really a big difference. For the monitor I would look into a 1440p 100 hertz+ monitor, should go nice with the system