Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PC build in Meshify C

OGH2020

Hello, I am considering building a first PC in a meshify C, and am considering using aftermarket NZXT fans, and wanted to make sure I am not making any dumb mistakes or buying more than I need. I want to buy the hue 2 starter kit with 2x140mm fans for intake on the front, 1x120mm fan on rear for exhaust, and a grid+ v3 to control fan speeds. I live in the US and my budget is around $175 but if you can save me money I will listen. For the PC I’m considering a Ryzen 2600, Asus X470 Prime Pro, GTX 1070 or RX580, and 16gbs of ram for some 1080p 144hz gaming. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Owen

looks pretty good although I would recommend upgrading to a 1070ti as it is only like 30-50 dollars more and you get a good performance boost 

Just now, Happycowdance said:

looks pretty good although I would recommend upgrading to a 1070ti as it is only like 30-50 dollars more and you get a good performance boost 

I’m kinda leaning towards rx580 for freesync and to save money because I don’t need top of the line performance of my first build, I just want an upgrade from Xbox

Just now, TrigrH said:

I built in the meshify C, I wasn't satisfied with the thickness of the metals used in the case, stripped most of the standoffs without trying.

Maybe I’ll recomsider, thank you!

2 minutes ago, OGH2020 said:

Maybe I’ll recomsider, thank you!

I helped build in the Meshify C mini with my brother for his pc. I don't think something like that is a full reconsideration IMO, mainly because you build once and change parts once in a while. The metal is a little thin and does strip but, this is one of the best airflow cases on the market, especially for $89 usd

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

I have a Meshify C build and I cannot say that the metal is thin. I have had "thin metal" cases before and I remember when I first opened the box for the Meshify C I said to myself, "wow this is built nicely". Like it is super sturdy and heavy. No idea what the other two are speaking about. The gauge of the metal is more than adequate.

Currently have an Asus TUF 3080 with a Ryzen 5 3600.

2 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

I have a Meshify C build and I cannot say that the metal is thin. I have had "thin metal" cases before and I remember when I first opened the box for the Meshify C I said to myself, "wow this is built nicely". Like it is super sturdy and heavy. No idea what the other two are speaking about. The gauge of the metal is more than adequate.

the plate the motherboard sits on is not sturdy at all.

1 hour ago, TrigrH said:

the plate the motherboard sits on is not sturdy at all.

I haven't noticed...

Currently have an Asus TUF 3080 with a Ryzen 5 3600.

I've got a Mesh C and a ton of other fractal cases here , never stripped a stand off..... 

3 hours ago, Defyant said:

I've got a Mesh C and a ton of other fractal cases here , never stripped a stand off..... 

Thank you for the response, I think that I'll be fine if I'm careful