Windows will only boot into safe mode after sitting unused for 6+months Need help

SuperCookie78
Go to solution Solved by SuperCookie78,
1 minute ago, scottyseng said:

So this PC is one that was retired because the person who used it moved elsewhere and you need to get it running?

If you have an IT management company, why not let them handle it?

Otherwise if you just want to get it running, you can just install windows on it to wipe what existing OS is on the PC?

There's definitely some kind of error or conflict that's preventing windows from booting normally though.

i talked to the it managment company and he said it is just easier reinstall windows because they are using cloud computing for their programs.

One of my dad’s work computer died. i didn’t build it and it is super cheaply put together. But they did have one that i build that works or so i thougnt. when i booted the computer up it posted normally and then the starting windows screen popped up. after it finished the screen went to black and nothing else. I then hit the reset switch on the case and it posted and then showed the boot into safe mode options. i booted into safe mode and it worked but when i tried to boot normally it went black again. I can’t do amything that uses admin permissions because the IT managment company put admin accounts on and they won’t share the password with them. Also the computer worked just fine before and was only put out of use because the person who used it moved to another office. it has a single 128gh ssd. it is using a 4790k on msi z97 pc mate. the powersupply is a cx650m 

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

So this PC is one that was retired because the person who used it moved elsewhere and you need to get it running?

Otherwise if you just want to get it running, you can just install windows on it to wipe what existing OS is on the PC?

There's definitely some kind of error or conflict that's preventing windows from booting normally though.

1 minute ago, scottyseng said:

i talked to the it managment company and he said it is just easier reinstall windows because they are using cloud computing for their programs.

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

try this in safe mode: