mouse

Touchscreen

might be why I’m so slow tho lmao

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Touchscreen

Probably, yeah. Touchscreens definitely aren't well known for being the most direct and efficient way to test your reaction time.

On 12/17/2018 at 12:37 PM, iLostMyXbox21 said:

so mine is average speed? is there any way i can improve it?

14 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Are there any sites that you reccomend? I use humanbenchmsrk and another one I forgot the name of

I don't believe there's any way to really improve generic reaction time. That is, your reaction time to anything without coming across the stimuli often enough. When you improve your reaction time, you're only improving it for that particular stimuli. There are spec ops people for example, that can disarm you before you can blink at some trigger. But they likely can't achieve the same reaction speed for some other, completely unrelated stimuli. They might score better than the average, but not the same as what they're trained for.

The thing is, if you have to think about it, it significantly increases response time. If you train your body to react to the stimulus automatically via muscle memory and such, you eliminate the need for conscious thinking.

I experience this sort of thing with rhythm games. I've eliminated much of the thinking process by:

• Recognizing "patterns" of notes to hit and how to position my fingers on how to hit it.  So if I see a pattern, my fingers just go to where they need to be.
  • I don't have to think about when to hit it. If I know the beat and the rhythm, I subconsciously just know when to hit it.

It's to the point where when I played harder songs in Step Mania, I had enough brain power leftover to go think about something else without losing performance. In fact, if I started to think about what I was doing in the game, I'd start performing worse.

EDIT: Another example is motorcycle riding. When I first started, there were a lot of things I was thinking about like when to shift, how to handle hills, worrying about clutch play, etc. Now? I have more or less competent control where it's only the rare "oh crap!" moments that I have to think about what to do.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

EDIT: Another example is motorcycle riding. When I first started, there were a lot of things I was thinking about like when to shift, how to handle hills, worrying about clutch play, etc. Now? I have more or less competent control where it's only the rare "oh crap!" moments that I have to think about what to do.

What kind of bike do you have?

I was pretty heavy in the street scene in my younger days and then did some CMRA track days and light racing. I then hit the stunting scene for some very reckless fun. Now... I own and H2R that will probably getting sold come spring... just don't have time to ride and the wife thinks it is "too dangerous" now that I have twins... sigh. I just can't get in to riding a cruiser. It would just make me miss dragging a knee in turns.

Anyways a little off topic, but this was something that is close to my heart.

6 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

What kind of bike do you have?

I was pretty heavy in the street scene in my younger days and then did some CMRA track days and light racing. I then hit the stunting scene for some very reckless fun. Now... I own and H2R that will probably getting sold come spring... just don't have time to ride and the wife thinks it is "too dangerous" now that I have twins... sigh. I just can't get in to riding a cruiser. It would just make me miss dragging a knee in turns.

Anyways a little off topic, but this was something that is close to my heart.

I currently ride a Ninja 650. I'm not into the racing/track scene but I'd still like to have a bit of fun. :B

23 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I currently ride a Ninja 650. I'm not into the racing/track scene but I'd still like to have a bit of fun. :B

If you decide to kick it up another notch the Zx6r(636) A.K.A BusaKiller is a good one. If you are feeling really confident then a zx10r. The 636 is the better all around bike imo. The Zx-10r can break the back tire loose in turns if you get on it too hard which can be a very bad situation to be in lol. Plus keep the front tire on the ground is a lot harder.  The 636 will pull the front tire pretty hard in 1st and 2nd, but the 10r will pull that damn thing all the way to 4th and can in 5th if you aren't laying on the tank.

Then again the 650 Is the Vtwin. So it has TONS of torque for pulling the wheel, but it has a much smaller RPM range and power band if I remember correctly. The only real vtwin sports bike I have ridden was a Ducati of a friend.

Anyways not trying to knock your bike. I just know from one rider to another that eventually you will want something faster, bigger, or more powerful.

On 12/17/2018 at 12:39 PM, iLostMyXbox21 said:

so for a 15 year old, my response time varies from 280-320ms, is this good or is it something i need to work on? i could not find anything online.. but i just wanna know if i have an aberage, fast or slow response time

Depends on what you are doing.

On 12/17/2018 at 1:37 PM, iLostMyXbox21 said:

so mine is average speed? is there any way i can improve it?

Need to know for what. But if you practice, all day every day, you will improve.

18 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Are there any sites that you reccomend? I use humanbenchmsrk and another one I forgot the name of

Ah ok I see, mouse click action. My best was 178.

16 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Oof

15 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Oof i don’t think these “respond to these” are really fair ?

13 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Yeah that’s the one I took, I got a few at about 60ms but that was pure luck and I clicked when I felt it was gonna pop up, but what I said above is what my actual response time was

Not much because I tried it with an HP mouse and another with a touchscreen (with my finger about half an inch away)

You have to be in a translike state and focus. I didnt really try but I focused and got under 200ms.

4 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Touchscreen

Actually, if you are always looking at a screen or your cell phone, your eyes are degrading. It will be what optomitrists wiull have to dewal with in the furute, damn my typing just fucked up

I seem to be average around 300ish ms but I feel slower doing it on a test compared to the click tests on the internet. I got a little faster when I did it with my wired mouse in csgo on a reaction time map, but I'm not really sure how accurate the map is, so I'm guessing mine is a little faster than the 300ish mark.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

I seem to be average around 300ish ms but I feel slower doing it on a test compared to the click tests on the internet. I got a little faster when I did it with my wired mouse in csgo on a reaction time map, but I'm not really sure how accurate the map is, so I'm guessing mine is a little faster than the 300ish mark.

Medication could be slowing you down, as well as alcohol and marijuana.

Just now, Canada EH said:

Medication could be slowing you down, as well as alcohol and marijuana.

Just because weed is legal here in Oregon doesn't mean I like it.

I know you're joking but honestly, anything alcohol or drugs (weed too) really just doesn't appeal to me. I see people on my snapchat advertised Acid, weed, xanax, alcohol, and some of them are smoking regular cigarettes to. It makes me kinda sad that so many of my peers are throwing their lives away.

I also remembered someone I know in middle school does cocaine. Ughhh

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

The surgeon general of the United States said today that Vaping is an EPIDEMIC and is a public health crisis!

It is very serious.

9 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Depends on what you are doing.

Gaming

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

3 hours ago, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

average

I wouldnt put too much trust in that average number, because these days a certain percentage are high on weed. I would trust a scientific study of average response time, just a matter of finding that information. Have to get piss tests from participants in order to get relevant, accurate information.