Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My 16 GB USB shrink to 35 MB

superbuu

I don't know what happened, today I realized it's only 35 MB of free space. There's 14,41 GB of unasigned space. I cannot assign it, on the disk manager all options to resize etc, it's greyed out. I have formated the operative 35 MB partition but I cannot resize the thing so it's back to full capacity. Is it broken? Fortunately I had no data in there. Now im just worried some data got left in there. I had some bitcoins and personal information on that wallet at some point. Should I smash it with a hammer and be done with it or can I save it?

PS: In case you ask, yes it's NTFS formated. And I cannot do anything, everything is greyed out, I can only click on format and change the letter of the unit.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Disk part clean?

Disk management screenshot?

What do you mean disk part clean?

No need for screenshot IMO... just imagine the 35 MB part, NTFS, healthy, primary partition, with the 14 GB part of unallocated space.

Just now, superbuu said:

No need for screenshot IMO... just imagine the 35 MB part, NTFS, healthy, primary partition, with the 14 GB part of unallocated space.

Lol either take our help and do as we say or don't and don't post stuff here xD

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

Just now, superbuu said:

Yep basically wipe the drive just right click it and choose format. then quick format.

9 minutes ago, Terabyte_272 said:

Yep basically wipe the drive just right click it and choose format. then quick format.

But like I said, I tried formatting, the 14 GB remain unallocated and I cannot resize it because all optioins except "properties" are greyed out in the menu.

3 minutes ago, superbuu said:

But like I said, I tried formatting, the 14 GB remain unallocated and I cannot resize it because all optioins except "properties" are greyed out in the menu.

no no just watch the video 

You probably have a partition that is 35 mb just delete the partition. if you dont know how just follow the vid

1 hour ago, Terabyte_272 said:

no no just watch the video 

You probably have a partition that is 35 mb just delete the partition. if you dont know how just follow the vid

I cannot click on "delete volume" because it's greyed out, it's unclicable.

The only options that are clickable on the drop down menu are:

open

explore

-

change drive letter and ...

format

-

-

-

-

properties

help