SSD on Ryzen 5 2600 PC

BigMunchiesGaming
Go to solution Solved by ch3w2oy,
4 minutes ago, BigMunchiesGaming said:

I just need the 120 for windows and the windows 10 apps that install like paint and all that 

My bad I meant Is it a reliable NVMe SSD?

lol, no problem. I don't know, honestly. I'm sure it's plenty good enough. You seem pretty set on it so I would just get it. It's definitely fast enough so I doubt you'll have any issues.

I want this pc to be very fast and smooth with gaming here's the pc part picker list 

I want the fastest read and write SSD under $60 I only need it to be around 120GB because I already have a 2TB game drive!

Thanks

it depends on what's compatible with your motherboard but an NVME ssd is going to be your best bet if your motherboard can support it 

Don't know if you have storage already since you didn't include it. If you don't have a G-Sync monitor I would get the 580, I think it's a better card and if you have freesync, you will be better off. Also, I got you better memory and a better motherboard and saved you money.

EDIT to include M.2 SSD. Not NVME.

Edited by tomswife

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

1 minute ago, RFK said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2FDzK8/kingston-a400-120gb-25-solid-state-drive-sa400s37120g 
Also remember with 3000Mhz speed you'll need to enable XMP in BIOS to get it running fully, as well as the voltage and timings.

what about this for the storage its a NVMe 

Any M.2 NVMe drive will do fine, but for your price range the ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro is a good option.

Here's the CrystalDiskMark for it: 

-KuJoe

5 minutes ago, BigMunchiesGaming said:

I want the fastest read and write SSD under $60 I only need it to be around 120GB because I already have a 2TB game drive!

For under $60 grab a 250GB Samsung 860 evo https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sNc48d/samsung-860-evo-250gb-25-solid-state-drive-mz-76e250bam

You likely won't notice the difference between a SATA SSD and NVMe SSD. The biggest improvement is going from HDD to SSD due to the increase in access times and IOPS, not necessarily sustained read/write speed.

Just now, RFK said:

DRAM-Less, so will be slower than other cached SATA SSDs.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 hours ago, BigMunchiesGaming said:
what about this for the storage its a NVMe 

I wouldn't get that. Better money elsewhere. That's not an NVMe worth buying. Just get a regular SSD or a SATA M2.

How bout dis:

That's an NVMe worth getting under 60, I guess..

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

29 minutes ago, tomswife said:

image.png.873465a462ede483ad7891bf30743ea9.png

The one I put on their was the 120Gb it reads at about 1GB/ps 

Here is the pc benchmarks for the entire computer 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCBuilder/Custom/S0-M466081.153864.533910.89317vsS0-M466081.153864.387986.89317?tab=SSD

Just now, BigMunchiesGaming said:

image.png.873465a462ede483ad7891bf30743ea9.png

The one I put on their was the 120Gb it reads at about 1GB/ps 

Is that what is says on paper or did you actually test the drive to make sure it really writes at that speed?

-KuJoe

7 hours ago, BigMunchiesGaming said:

It is a reliable NVMe 120GB drive the Mushkin Pilot

So get it. It's really not that fast. I would spend the money and get more storage with a regular sata interface and you're not even going to notice the difference in every day use. But go for it. 

If you're looking for speed and you're budget is 60 for the NVMe, might as well get the fastest since you don't care about storage space.

1 minute ago, tomswife said:

So get it. It's really not that fast. I would spend the money and get more storage with a regular sata interface and you're not even going to notice the difference in every day use. But go for it. 

I just need the 120 for windows and the windows 10 apps that install like paint and all that 

4 minutes ago, BigMunchiesGaming said:

lol, no problem. I don't know, honestly. I'm sure it's plenty good enough. You seem pretty set on it so I would just get it. It's definitely fast enough so I doubt you'll have any issues.