Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good case for dual AIO setup

Hey guys, I was looking for help on choosing a case for my first build in about 10 years.

I've decided to pair an NZXT Kraken x72 AIO with an i5 8600k and use the EVGA 1070 ti Hybrid. I will be doing a lot of over clocking so the AIO and hybrid GPU seem like the easiest/most cost effective way to keep the temps down. 

I'm looking for a good midsized case that will fit the 2 radiators and make sense airflow wise. Any help is appreciated.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, iHateJimbo said:

Hey guys, I was looking for help on choosing a case for my first build in about 10 years.

I've decided to pair an NZXT Kraken x72 AIO with an i5 8600k and use the EVGA 1070 ti Hybrid. I will be doing a lot of over clocking so the AIO and hybrid GPU seem like the easiest/most cost effective way to keep the temps down. 

I'm looking for a good midsized case that will fit the 2 radiators and make sense airflow wise. Any help is appreciated.  

Any aesthetics you’re looking for in particular(RGB, tempered glass, usb 3.1 type c header,etc)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep recommending this one, but it's totally worth it. Entho Pro M. I had the 360 AIO in the front and now have it at the top. Link in sig.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Giiman95 said:

Any aesthetics you’re looking for in particular(RGB, tempered glass, usb 3.1 type c header,etc)?

Tempered Glass and RGB are a plus, but not entirely necessary. Good air flow and space for the 120 and 240 are my main concern. 

 

18 minutes ago, tomswife said:

I keep recommending this one, but it's totally worth it. Entho Pro M. I had the 360 AIO in the front and now have it at the top. Link in sig.

Thank you. Right in the price range, minimalist, and it looks like everything will fit right. This one's going on my short list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, iHateJimbo said:

Thank you. Right in the price range, minimalist, and it looks like everything will fit right. This one's going on my short list

Glad I could help!

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thermaltake's View 71 and 37, depending on if you want a full or mid tower. I use the 71 for my not portable rig, and it is awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, iHateJimbo said:

Thank you. Right in the price range, minimalist, and it looks like everything will fit right. This one's going on my short list

I would keep the Meshify C on your short list as well

Coolermaster H500

Lian Li PC-O11D

 

All good cases with 360mm rad support (plus a 120mm rad somewhere else)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

 RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I would keep the Meshify C on your short list as well

Coolermaster H500

Lian Li PC-O11D

 

All good cases with 360mm rad support (plus a 120mm rad somewhere else)

I think you may have picked the winner. The Lian Li case has an insane setup for a 360. I think I might use that, go with a 240 instead of the 360, and put the 240 and 120 together. It even looks like I have room to run push/pull if I need. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, iHateJimbo said:

I think you may have picked the winner. The Lian Li case has an insane setup for a 360. I think I might use that, go with a 240 instead of the 360, and put the 240 and 120 together. It even looks like I have room to run push/pull if I need. Thanks!

Push pull is most viable at the top, but it can be done at the bottom depending on your configuration (the bottom I/O on the motherboard is a bit tight) The side fans I'd leave as a slim rad since you start running into your GPU, a fairly uncommon problem for thicker rads at least in this direction. 

 

However without question, the PC-O11 (to me) is Case of the Year 2018

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

 RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×