Boot problems after cloning to a new Evo SATA SSD

IndyRex

I recently purchased an Evo 860 250GB SATA III SSD to replace my new PC's 16GB Optane + 2TB Barracuda HDD. I used Samsung's own cloning software and everything was going smoothly, however after cloning and wiping the HDD my PC seems to only recognize my SSD as the boot drive every other restart/power-up. Can anyone help? I'm sincerely considering doing another format of the HDD, and wiping the SSD to do a fresh install of W10.

What? So - sometimes it boots, sometimes not? Check your BIOS. None cloning software makes that drive is sometimes bootable. It's something with boot order or drive order.

And use MiniTool Partition Wizard to remove boot and unnecessary partitions from your HDD that you don't need anymore.

28 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

What? So - sometimes it boots, sometimes not? Check your BIOS. None cloning software makes that drive is sometimes bootable. It's something with boot order or drive order.

And use MiniTool Partition Wizard to remove boot and unnecessary partitions from your HDD that you don't need anymore.

Yeah, it's the weirdest thing. I did the installation yesterday (Saturday) and after shutting it down and turning it back on it sent me to windows boot manager, but simply going with "continue to windows" would just work, I assumed it was related to the Optane memory that was being used with the original 2TB HDD, so I reset that, wiped the original HDD and instead my first post-HDD wipe start-up didn't recognize the SSD at all; after this I chose the SSD from the boot option on the BIOS and it worked... until I shut it down again, then it would just kick me to the BIOS menu because it would recognize both drives but neither showed up as the bootable drive, it does this every time I start up from a fully powered down state, or every other restart. It recognizes the drives but the boot drive just doesn't register.

I'll try that.