Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can i use any am4 kit to mout my liquid cooling?

Hello everyone,

currently i thought about an upgrade from my amd fx 6300 at 4,3ghz to a new ryzen 2700x. 

My current water cooling is a lepa EXllusion 240(AM3+) with some silent fans from be quiet. 

On the website they dont say that it fits on am4, so can I just use any upgrade kit from am3 to am4 or do i need to get a brand new water cooling system? 

Here the link to the website (scroll down a bit).

Thank you for your help.

the mounting holes for am3 and am4 are not the same.

they wont line up,   if you have the am4 retention kit you can reuse the mobo backplate if thats what you mean (if the screws catch)

also it depends on the block, if it is a simple cover plate (hole in the middle with mounting holes)  you might be able to make am4 holes if you are confident in your tool use ability. and have tools.

contact the company and see what they say

firefox_2018-12-16_11-59-11.png.3eeb08b30ca000f93f71fa0c049d7440.png

apparently they have a AM4 ready version...

ACKCHUALLY

depends on the mobo, some boards do have AM3 mounting holes on them just next to the AM4 ones so you can use the same cooler without buying adapters or weird stuff.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

4 hours ago, aezakmi said:

ACKCHUALLY

depends on the mobo, some boards do have AM3 mounting holes on them just next to the AM4 ones so you can use the same cooler without buying adapters or weird stuff.

sweet good to know that some people thought about this(manufactures).  but since OP is asking i guess his does not unless this is a preemptive thought.

5 hours ago, aezakmi said:

ACKCHUALLY

Definitely not that common anymore. :)