Sennheiser gx1000 vs Sennheiser gxs 1200 pro

Sabir
Go to solution Solved by Tarun10,
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:38 AM, Sabir said:

Nothing empty. Will buy PC soon.

If you are just getting a PC upgrade that first and just get Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm (closed back) or HD58X from Massdrop (open back) or ATH AD700X (open back).All of them are great for gaming and audio in general. Use the rest of your money for your build then focus on better audio.

Sennheiser gx1000 or Sennheiser gsx 1200 pro which one should I buy ? And which headphone should I buy for this amplifier?

It's have very good review. What is the difference? And which one I need. Please answer me. Thanks in advance. 

15 hours ago, Sabir said:

Sennheiser gx1000 or Sennheiser gsx 1200 pro which one should I buy ? And which headphone should I buy for this amplifier?

It's have very good review. What is the difference? And which one I need. Please answer me. Thanks in advance. 

First of all you should give us a budget. You have to do some research online to find the differences and then we can explain them to you. Besides you should always pick headphones and then an amplifier not the other way around.

1 hour ago, Tarun10 said:

First of all you should give us a budget. You have to do some research online to find the differences and then we can explain them to you. Besides you should always pick headphones and then an amplifier not the other way around.

My budget is like $400

16 hours ago, Sabir said:

Yes

Do you want closed or open back?? If you want open you can try HD650 and HiFiMan HE400S. Closed doesn't have as many headphone options but Fostex makes some good options.

On 12/18/2018 at 11:03 AM, Tarun10 said:

Do you want closed or open back?? If you want open you can try HD650 and HiFiMan HE400S. Closed doesn't have as many headphone options but Fostex makes some good options.

What about Sennheiser GSX 1000 audio amplifier and HD599?

8 hours ago, Sabir said:

What about Sennheiser GSX 1000 audio amplifier and HD599?

For 400$ you should get a much better pair of headphones. And besides even a small 50$ amplifier will suffice for 400$ spend the rest on headphones. The GSX1000 are not recommended at all by anyone because its more focused on gaming features and doesn't have enough power to drive proper headphones. You can get much better quality by looking at other brands. Getting equally priced amps and headphones aren't recommended for low budget.

Do you want closed or open back headphones??

Options are HD6XX, AKG K7XX, HiFiMan HE400S and ATH AD series. I suggest you make a new pot asking for 400$ Headphones plus amp.

8 hours ago, Tarun10 said:

For 400$ you should get a much better pair of headphones. And besides even a small 50$ amplifier will suffice for 400$ spend the rest on headphones. The GSX1000 are not recommended at all by anyone because its more focused on gaming features and doesn't have enough power to drive proper headphones. You can get much better quality by looking at other brands. Getting equally priced amps and headphones aren't recommended for low budget.

Do you want closed or open back headphones??

Options are HD6XX, AKG K7XX, HiFiMan HE400S and ATH AD series. I suggest you make a new pot asking for 400$ Headphones plus amp.

but if hes a gamer he should focus on gaming style audio

but the gsx surround feature can be had for free though

6 minutes ago, Sabir said:

What about sound card. Creative Sound BlasterX  A-E5 ?

what are you using now?

mobo?

4 hours ago, pas008 said:

what are you using now?

mobo?

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, pas008 said:

but if hes a gamer he should focus on gaming style audio

but the gsx surround feature can be had for free though

Yes but the K7XX and the AD series are great for most open worlds and FPS gaming. Besides how can they be had for free??

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:38 AM, Sabir said:

If you are just getting a PC upgrade that first and just get Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm (closed back) or HD58X from Massdrop (open back) or ATH AD700X (open back).All of them are great for gaming and audio in general. Use the rest of your money for your build then focus on better audio.

15 hours ago, Tarun10 said:

I am good with close back. 

10 hours ago, Sabir said:

I am good with close back. 

Closed means more noise isolation, lesser soundstage in games particularly noticeable and less ventilation for ears.

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohms is your best option for around 140$. No amp or DAC needed.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:45 AM, Tarun10 said:

What about Sennheiser ? They have open closed ? 

17 hours ago, Sabir said:

What about Sennheiser ? They have open closed ? 

HD 58X is from Sennheiser but it is a collaboration between them and Massdrop you can find it on massdrop,com but you will find it available only sometimes but it is still a great bargain for the price. Sennheiser isn't recommended for closed backs.

9 hours ago, Tarun10 said:

HD 58X is from Sennheiser but it is a collaboration between them and Massdrop you can find it on massdrop,com but you will find it available only sometimes but it is still a great bargain for the price. Sennheiser isn't recommended for closed backs.

What if i buy Sennheiser gx1000 and Sennheiser HD599  headphone combo?

6 hours ago, Sabir said:

What if i buy Sennheiser gx1000 and Sennheiser HD599  headphone combo?

GX1000 won't improve sound quality but it does offer virtualization and surround sound which can be a hit or miss depending on games. How much is the bundle??