First PC Build (Advice Appreciated)

AM23

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

got some build specs? need a bit more than a personal media channel link.

some still b-roll works too..

6 minutes ago, airdeano said:

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

got some build specs? need a bit more than a personal media channel link.

some still b-roll works too..

Thanks for the advice.

Edited by AM23

Looks great to me, but I would consider a second gen Ryzen 5 if you don't do work on the PC and if it's about the same price, so you have the same gaming performance and a not-first-gen mobo, otherwise, this is great. 

CPU: i5 10600KFMotherboard: Asus B460M-Plus | Cooling: Gamemmaxx 400 XT w/ Corsair ML120 Elite + 1 ML120 Elite exhaust + 2 ML140 Elite intake

RAM: 2x16GB Netac DDR4 3200MT/s @2666CL13 | GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual +200/+1200MHz/+5%

Storage: 2TB XPG S70 Blade, WD Blue NVMe 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TBPSU: Corsair TX550M

Monitor: 2x Pichau Cepheus Fuse 28" 4k 144Hz HDR | Keyboard: Corsair K70 mk.2 Cherry MX Red

Headphone/headset: Kuba Disco Pro/Gamer + Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro | OS: Windows 11 Home

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB + Ugreen Vertical MouseCase: Corsair Carbide 400C

I'm not as knowledgeable on Ryzen, I probably need to brush up on where AMD is at these days. Here's what stands out to me:

-You've done well balancing budget with performance in regards to your storage. You clearly gave yourself a smaller but faster boot drive, then a decent HDD for mass storage. Great way to allocate funds.

-I suspect you could have gone without the RGB ram. There are a lot of really good looking ram out there and I'm not totally sold that RGB ram instantly improves the look of a build, but I digress on that entirely subjective point. Here's my real point: maybe the money could of been better spent elsewhere.

-My immediate desire for improving the look of the build lies with better cables. I'm a total cable-guy.

I hope I don't sound critical, I don't mean to :) The footage is quite good, and the overall look of the build is quite good! Job well done.

36 minutes ago, LaserLion said:

I'm not as knowledgeable on Ryzen, I probably need to brush up on where AMD is at these days. Here's what stands out to me:

-You've done well balancing budget with performance in regards to your storage. You clearly gave yourself a smaller but faster boot drive, then a decent HDD for mass storage. Great way to allocate funds.

-I suspect you could have gone without the RGB ram. There are a lot of really good looking ram out there and I'm not totally sold that RGB ram instantly improves the look of a build, but I digress on that entirely subjective point. Here's my real point: maybe the money could of been better spent elsewhere.

-My immediate desire for improving the look of the build lies with better cables. I'm a total cable-guy.

I hope I don't sound critical, I don't mean to :) The footage is quite good, and the overall look of the build is quite good! Job well done.

Not at all, great advice. I got the rgb ram for the same price as non rgb so no loss funds there and I went with a tighter timing (3000 mhz) because of having a Ryzen cpu. Thanks for the input. Any suggestions on better cable management?

1 hour ago, Vasllo said:

Looks great to me, but I would consider a second gen Ryzen 5 if you don't do work on the PC and if it's about the same price, so you have the same gaming performance and a not-first-gen mobo, otherwise, this is great. 

Yeah I bought the CPU from a friend for a great price. Otherwise I would've gone with an R5 2600x.