New pc build, nothing happening when turning on

kkeinan3

Hi guys, I recently bought all my components brand new as follows,

mob- b450 Carbon pro ac 

cpu- 2600 with stock cooler 

ram- 3000 ddr5 Corsair 

psu- evga 550 g3 gold 

sapphire Radeon nitro+ 4gb rx580

After plugging everything, everything sits in properly, tried few times and check several times, all power connectors is well connected.. when I turned on psu, the psu fan, cpu cooler fan both not spinning, 

upon pressing the power, I can see a red light in the corner lighting couple seconds then goes off, 

psu fan is spinning when I used the power on self test.. 

i can’t figure out what’s the problem here ? Why the cpu cooler fan not spinning, is there any problem with the motherboardsz ? Thanks in advance .. 

If I remember correctly, red LED is CPU error.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

I even tried without the cpu power connectors, the lights still flashing 2 second then stop, im using 2x4 pins connectors for cpu , there’s another 4 pins  block beside it but the psu cables for cpu is only 2x4 pins.. 

Have you checked to make sure the cpu fan on the cooler is plugged into the cpu fan header? Sometimes computers won't power on if it can tell that the cpu has no fan to cool it. I know I have accidently plugged my cpu fan into a case can header and had this issue. 

It’s connected in the right place, hard to miss it, cause it’s just besides it.. 

check the cpu pins

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

20 minutes ago, kkeinan3 said:

I even tried without the cpu power connectors, the lights still flashing 2 second then stop, im using 2x4 pins connectors for cpu , there’s another 4 pins  block beside it but the psu cables for cpu is only 2x4 pins.. 

The extra 4 pin is an optional thing for extra power for overclocking. You only need to have the 8 pin power to be connected which can be done with 2x4pin. 

Cheers lads I managed to get it to work,, everything was okay, just had to jump start the mob as I don’t have a case to switch the power on.. 

3 hours ago, kkeinan3 said:

Cheers lads I managed to get it to work,, everything was okay, just had to jump start the mob as I don’t have a case to switch the power on.. 

?

It's not a race to the bottom.