ryzen 2700x cpu
4x8 gskill rgb 3200 ddr4
evga 1000w G3 gold+
msi 1070 gaming x
m.2 western digital 1tb
samsung 860 evo 1tb
nzxt h700 mid tower case
fractal design celsius s360mm AIO

so heres my problem i bought all this stufff through newegg on back friday and cyber monday i plugged it all in and only one red led by the decode display on the bottom right of the mother board was on(just one individual red led) press the power button and all the red led debug lights will flash once quickly and then shut off.. this is the second time this has happened, i didnt know what the problem could be so i replaced the mobo cpu and ram and bought the new psu (old one was a 850 thermaltake rgb gold plus psu)
so today i got all the new hardware and boom same thing, just the one led on the bottom right of the mobo is on and the other lights blink then thats it. ive tried using just one stick of ram and pulling a stick from my working rig to test with or without gpu a 1070 and a 2070 tried both 20181215_071851.thumb.jpg.4c754fb8b66ab8672d0c31e324a236b3.jpg.. im at a loss and begging for help!!!

20181215_071846.jpg

If all the new parts produce the same problem then there is something that exists from the previous build (the case) or a step you've repeated that is causing the problem.  

If it's the case then I would imagine it might be some point contacting the motherboard.  So pull everything out and install on the box or desk.  A non-conductive surface.

And if it's your build process then perhaps the CPU isn't seated properly?  Wrong cable installation?  

So tear it down and build it again outside of the case and see if it continues.  

Also, are you using both CPU power cables?  The 2700X only needs the one six pin.  

Edit:

And if there is a CPU fan header then you may need to plug a fan into that if the only header populated is the AIO pump.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 hour ago, nick name said:

If all the new parts produce the same problem then there is something that exists from the previous build (the case) or a step you've repeated that is causing the problem.  

If it's the case then I would imagine it might be some point contacting the motherboard.  So pull everything out and install on the box or desk.  A non-conductive surface.

And if it's your build process then perhaps the CPU isn't seated properly?  Wrong cable installation?  

So tear it down and build it again outside of the case and see if it continues.  

Also, are you using both CPU power cables?  The 2700X only needs the one six pin.  

Edit:

And if there is a CPU fan header then you may need to plug a fan into that if the only header populated is the AIO pump.  

ok so i removed it all from my case minus the water cooler but had everything propped up on my mobo box to reach the cooler.. it booted on so i shut it down tried agin to make sure and then it started to smoke bad out the top so i shut it down fast...so i disconnected one of the 2 8 pin cpu power cables and it booted fine tested again after 10 min to cool down and it booted again. so now time for the case it has stand offs installed in the case screwed it down made sure everything is plugged in all the way and seeded properly hit the power and boom same problem.... wont boot light just blinks on then off and thats it.. so maybe the case is shorting something out?

5 minutes ago, DemizedEmpire said:

ok so i removed it all from my case minus the water cooler but had everything propped up on my mobo box to reach the cooler.. it booted on so i shut it down tried agin to make sure and then it started to smoke bad out the top so i shut it down fast...so i disconnected one of the 2 8 pin cpu power cables and it booted fine tested again after 10 min to cool down and it booted again. so now time for the case it has stand offs installed in the case screwed it down made sure everything is plugged in all the way and seeded properly hit the power and boom same problem.... wont boot light just blinks on then off and thats it.. so maybe the case is shorting something out?

So it does seem there is something in the case contacting the board, but the newest problem is the extra power causing the smoke.  I don't know if I'd move forward with a motherboard that has done that.  I hate to say it, but you might wanna RMA it again.  It shouldn't smoke.

If you are gonna move forward -- is there anything on the back of the motherboard that seems like it would touch the case even with the stand offs installed?  Also, is there anything in the case that seems like it would touch the board even with the stand offs?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

So now I have it all removed again and now it's doing the same thing in the case outside the case now...imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8these are the only points that are super close to the case and the top ones hold the head sinks for the power phase  and the bottom 4 are for the heat sink for the m.2

20181215_175945.jpg

im sending back the motherboard and psu so next week ill have the new parts and ill tryagain away from the case. i have a feeling its not the case that it might be the new evga PSU that i got cause when i removed everything i noticed one of the 24pin wires was slightly dislodged so i reconnected it and thats when the board started to smoke.. so maybe its not making good connection.. i tried it again outside the case and its back to doing the same thing with the one red led then a blink and nothing.. so ill update next week when i have the new parts maybe even live stream the build so yall can call me on my shit if im doing something wrong haha thanks again for the help so far bud