Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lapel mic silent on Windows?

redsquirrel0249

I bought a $10 lapel mic for use for a project at school, and it worked fine with a dedicated recorder and my iPhone, but when I plug it into any port in my Windows 10 PC, even through a sound card or any audio in port, I get nothing. Why? This doesn't make any sense, given how simple the device is. If it has a dac, plug-n-play should work, if not, a sound card should fix that. How can I get this to work if I can? Any feedback is appreciated.

There are markings about compatibility for Windows phones, and some reviewers mentions it works on Windows 10, but it was designed for smartphone and mobile device use. you can check the amazon link for yourself if you like, https://amzn.to/2UNHOLK

So technically it's not required to work, but there's also no reason it shouldn't, and it fact some people have it working. I've already checked that Windows is up to date and Realtek audio drivers are fine.

Is it possible that it's simply not compatible with that specific audio driver? If so, is there a way to get a new one specifically for that device or not?