Is my RX 570 bad, or is it the drivers? (Or other hardware?)

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

I doubt it, but it wouldn't surprise me if there aren't some incompatibilities with that chipset (which is workstation/server type) and not as common as regular home user chipsets.

Try some older drivers, they may work better for you, or wait until whatever "revision 2" of this adrenaline 2019 driver they'll come up with (almost always these big new driver releases are followed by some patch or bug fix version a week or so later).

Hi, just recently I had just purchased a Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 (4GB) and I noticed my system had started locking up and losing video signal.

I have uninstalled my NVIDIA drivers through DDU, and downloaded Adrenaline vers. 18.12.2.

My specs are:

12 GB DDR3 @ 1333

Dell Precision T1600 C206 chipset, OEM motherboard (BIOS A20)

EVGA 650W G2 80+ GOLD

Intel Xeon E3-1225 (yes this combo is as terrible as it sounds)

Windows 10 Home x64

I doubt it, but it wouldn't surprise me if there aren't some incompatibilities with that chipset (which is workstation/server type) and not as common as regular home user chipsets.

Try some older drivers, they may work better for you, or wait until whatever "revision 2" of this adrenaline 2019 driver they'll come up with (almost always these big new driver releases are followed by some patch or bug fix version a week or so later).

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Alright, I'll try that tomorrow. Thank you for your input.