$3100 USD Build - Good Or Nah?

Ok, So I am basically trying to build the best gaming computer I can for Around $3,000 USD.

What do you guys think of my current spec sheet.

Feel free to suggest me changes and reasons why, as I have not ordered it yet and am subject to change.

GPU - RTX 2080ti Gigabyte OC edition

CPU - Core i9 9900k

MOBO - Gigabyte Z390 Designare LGA 1151 (300 Series)

RAM - 32 GB of Trident Z RGB 3200mhz

Storage - 2 Samsung 970 Evo M.2 Drives - 500 GB each

Cooling - Cooler Master, MasterLiquid Ml360R AIO

PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 850PQ - 80+ Platinum 850w

I will use my current case - NZXT something (forgot the name)

**Might use my Rx480 Strix as a secondary GPU aswell - So I can do that cool FreeSync on an Nvidia card trick thing** (I have 3 freesync monitors and don't plan on upgrading right now)

Basically this build totals $3,100 after tax and shipping on New Egg.

PLEASE suggest me changes (the AIO and PSU are my main iffy areas) - I am just going off of the best that I know of through videos and such, maybe there is some better parts for gaming? *NOT interested in Ryzen*

*I know this build is quite overkill, but I have the money and want the best gaming machine that I can build right now so I don't have to worry about upgrades for a while*

Thanks in advance. :)

Only 1 NVMe drive, otherwise you'll lose some lanes off the GPU. Get a 1 TB version of the better SSDs (860 Evo/MX500) for your extra storage drive.

If it wasn't for the 9900k, the 4 sticks of Memory might actually be an issue, but that should have an IMC to handle up to around 3800 memory.

AIOs are mostly down to specific quality and then looks after a point. But do make sure your case can actually fit whatever it is you want in there.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP3RK9814&Description=evga P2&cm_re=evga_P2-_-17-438-056-_-Product

I can't find any reviews of the PQ, so get the P2.

28 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Only 1 NVMe drive, otherwise you'll lose some lanes off the GPU. Get a 1 TB version of the better SSDs (860 Evo/MX500) for your extra storage drive.

Not true, I have 2 NVMe drives on a z270 and my 2080ti is still in x16. I believe the motherboard chipset will takeover the lanes for M.2 vs the CPU or some kind of trickery not sure, but it doesn't interfere.

1 hour ago, ThatOneGingie said:

Ok, So I am basically trying to build the best gaming computer I can for Around $3,000 USD.

What do you guys think of my current spec sheet.

Feel free to suggest me changes and reasons why, as I have not ordered it yet and am subject to change.

GPU - RTX 2080ti Gigabyte OC edition

CPU - Core i9 9900k

MOBO - Gigabyte Z390 Designare LGA 1151 (300 Series)

RAM - 32 GB of Trident Z RGB 3200mhz

Storage - 2 Samsung 970 Evo M.2 Drives - 500 GB each

Cooling - Cooler Master, MasterLiquid Ml360R AIO

PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 850PQ - 80+ Platinum 850w

I will use my current case - NZXT something (forgot the name)

**Might use my Rx480 Strix as a secondary GPU aswell - So I can do that cool FreeSync on an Nvidia card trick thing** (I have 3 freesync monitors and don't plan on upgrading right now)

Basically this build totals $3,100 after tax and shipping on New Egg.

PLEASE suggest me changes (the AIO and PSU are my main iffy areas) - I am just going off of the best that I know of through videos and such, maybe there is some better parts for gaming? *NOT interested in Ryzen*

*I know this build is quite overkill, but I have the money and want the best gaming machine that I can build right now so I don't have to worry about upgrades for a while*

Thanks in advance. :)

-You don’t need platinum for 850W, Gold is good enough. Something like Corsair RM850x or Cooler Master V850 should be sufficient.

-You could just get 1 1TB 970 Evo to save some PCIe lane usage. It is recommended to go for SATA SSDs as the speed difference between the two are minimal(unless you want to boot 5 seconds faster into windows and/or regularly move large files) Maybe 2 1TB 860 Evos?

-You might be better off going for a H150i or Kraken X72, I think Cooler Master’s AIO’s perform slightly worse than the competitors(I could be wrong)

according to the block diagram of z390, CPU has 16lanes for gpu or Intel SSD, and the chipset has 24 lanes for everything else.

You don't need to worry about lane usage.

1 minute ago, Labeled said:

Not true, I have 2 NVMe drives on a z270 and my 2080ti is still in x16. I believe the motherboard chipset will takeover the lanes for M.2 vs the CPU or some kind of trickery not sure, but it doesn't interfere.

Must drop them to x2 lanes each, then, as I'd be surprised if your motherboard actually had a PLX chip on it.

5 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Must drop them to x2 lanes each, then, as I'd be surprised if your motherboard actually had a PLX chip on it.

No, M.2 lanes are handled by PCH on Intel, not CPU. and PCH can only be in lanes of x4, not x2.

Unless it is a shit board, you don't need to worry about M.2 drive impacting your PCIe lanes for your GPU.

There is nothing wrong with the cpu cooler provided it fits your case.

You might consider a different motherboard. 

I'd suggest a single M.2 NVMe drive. It simplifies storage and leaves slots open for upgrades. (Z390 motherboards generally disable some SATA ports when more than 1 M.2 drive is installed.)

If you want an 80+ Platinum psu, consider a Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum, Evga P2, or Corsair HX Platinum.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($529.00 @ Walmart) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($159.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($255.89 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($399.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($259.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GAMING OC Video Card  ($1319.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($133.89 @ Amazon) 
Total: $3058.54
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-15 03:25 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.