When streaming I get really bad game FPS.

TauroGT

Hello Community,

I am trying to stream Call of Duty Black Ops 4 using OBS or Streamlabs OBS. I'm pretty sure that I'm doing the correct settings that I've been told by information but when I put the stream on my game starts to lag really bad and my fps just loses a chunk. When not streaming I get around 120 fps but it goes down to 30-40fps when stream is on. I've got no clue as to why it is doing this and it's very frustrating. My CPU states 100% too but I'm unsure why. I've tired both x264 and NVENC.

PC Specs;

Processor; i7-4770k
Graphics Card; ROG 1080ti
RAM; GSkill Ripjaws 16GB
Motherboard; Maximus Hero VI

Benchmark test;
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12932474

Hey guys, thanks for the replys.

So we're saying that my CPU is the problem here and, you think that I need to go out and buy a new one? If so I've been lurking around to get a Intel - Core i9-9900k 3.6 GHz 9-Core Processor.

2 minutes ago, TauroGT said:

Hey guys, thanks for the replys.

So we're saying that my CPU is the problem here and, you think that I need to go out and buy a new one? If so I've been lurking around to get a Intel - Core i9-9900k 3.6 GHz 9-Core Processor.

Yes. The CPU is absolutely the problem as it hasn't got enough power to video encode and play BO4 at the same time. 

There's really no reason to go for the 9900K though, it's overkill. Plus you'll need to buy a new motherboard and some DDR4 RAM. 

2 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Yes. The CPU is absolutely the problem as it hasn't got enough power to video encode and play BO4 at the same time. 

There's really no reason to go for the 9900K though, it's overkill. Plus you'll need to buy a new motherboard and some DDR4 RAM. 

Have you got any suggestions as to what I can do? :)

Just now, TauroGT said:

Have you got any suggestions as to what I can do? :)

1 minute ago, Finwillwin said:

I would get a 2700x and call it a day.

this ^

But it depends on your budget. How much do you have to spend?

1 minute ago, Finwillwin said:

I would get a 2700x and call it a day.

Problem is I'm Intel build, I can't just simply whack a 2700x in can I?

3 minutes ago, TauroGT said:

Problem is I'm Intel build, I can't just simply whack a 2700x in can I?

Yeah but you would need to change your motherboard anyway unless you were putting in a 4790K to replace your 4770K.

Depending on what CPU you choose you would also need to get new RAM.

1 minute ago, TauroGT said:

So for me to run a 2700x I'd basically need a new motherboard to match the socket and then jobs a good one? I was thinking about making a new system in the new year with a Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor and MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Not exactly.. To run a 2700X or a 9900K you would need brand new RAM as yours is DDR3 and the aforementioned CPUs only support DDR4.

I see, I see. Well, early this week I did pcpart a new computer that I am looking to get so any thoughts? 

It should  be in pounds not dollars.

UPDATE.

Hey guys,

So I uninstalled OBS and reinstalled + restarted the computer to make sure it was completely gone. I then done some tweaking to settings not much only a little and used NVENC again to give it one more shot. I've had no problems with the 10 minute stream I just done and I held 100fps throughout!

I'll pass over a link and you guys can see https://www.twitch.tv/videos/349218935.

I think I've nailed it. Might not have to get a new system and I can now start to stream my game-play where I can show my 33kills and 2deaths games!