Wifi card in the way of graphic card fan

thebootsie123
Go to solution Solved by r2724r16,
4 minutes ago, thebootsie123 said:

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580

I bought two of those a few months back and they're big cards, you'll need quite a bit of clearance for them. 

5 minutes ago, thebootsie123 said:

I was thinking of possibley 3D printing a part to act as a table to keep the graphics card up which lifts it up enough so that the fan can freely spin.

You don't need to 3D print a part, you can just throw in any object that can hold the video card up.

BTW, why do you have a PCIe NIC? Doesn't your motherboard have a Gigabit LAN port?

Hi. I recently got a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 and the problem I'm finding is that the way the slots on my motherboard are my wifi card is just touching the left fan of my graphics card. I was wondering what the best way to solve this would be. From the pictures below you can see that the card sags a little bit. I was thinking of possibley 3D printing a part to act as a table to keep the graphics card up which lifts it up enough so that the fan can freely spin. Although that's a bit too hacky of a solution for me. Any thoughts on this?

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

Zip tie the PCIe cable to the hard drive mounting plate of your case so that it holds the GPU up.

Also you should plug in your second 6 pin power connector.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, thebootsie123 said:

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580

I bought two of those a few months back and they're big cards, you'll need quite a bit of clearance for them. 

5 minutes ago, thebootsie123 said:

I was thinking of possibley 3D printing a part to act as a table to keep the graphics card up which lifts it up enough so that the fan can freely spin.

You don't need to 3D print a part, you can just throw in any object that can hold the video card up.

BTW, why do you have a PCIe NIC? Doesn't your motherboard have a Gigabit LAN port?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

2 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

looks like a WiFi card to me