iPhone 6 Release Date is May 2014 with 8MP Cam Sensor & 5.7-Inch Screen as Confirmed Killer Features

PillowSmoke

423296.jpg

The iPhone 6 release date could come as early as May 2014 and most likely, Apple fans can expect a phablet-size handset with a 5.7-inch screen plus major cam improvements but with a rear sensor that dates back to the iPhone 4S.

Already recognised as one of the best camera phones around, the next iPhone iteration, according to fresh reports, will offer exciting shooting capabilities for 2014. However, as reported by BGR, while Apple will upgrade the cam shooter that is packed with the iPhone 6 the tech giant will continue to veer away from the megapixel war being waged by high-end Android smartphones.

So unlike the HTC One and Galaxy S4, from Asian tech firms HTC and Samsung respectively, the iPhone 6 is set to show off an 8MP rear cam. Note that the same configuration was introduced by Apple when the iPhone 4S first hit the market in 2011.

But the distinction in the 2014 serving, according to Unwired View, would be marked improvements in optical image stabilisation (OIS) and auto-focus (AF).

Pointing to a recently unearthed patent filing from Apple, Unwired View reported that while the iPhone 6 will seemingly in a familiar package, immense improvements on device capabilities can be expected from within.

"Miniature cameras are becoming increasingly common in mobile electronic devices such as smartphones. There is a constant drive to improve performance of such cameras, while still maintaining the same envelope," the same report quoted the Apple document as saying.

And while Apple shuns away from the camera numbers game, it appears that the company is finally willing to slug it out with giant smartphones that run on Android and Windows mobile operating system.

Per reports from Gotta Be Mobile, it is highly likely that while Apple will maintain its 8MP rear camera standard, the same shooter will be framed in a bigger iPhone 6 casing as sources from Asia supply chain players indicated that for the current year the upcoming iPhone will go big - boasting of a 5.7-inch screen, tops.

The specs were sourced from suggestions that Apple is deviating from its usual iPhone business model in 2014. It will release three iPhone versions - 2 iOS phablets with 4.7-inch and 5.7-inch screen set for May release and the iPhone 6 with an unknown screen dimension.

The latter is reportedly pegged for a Sept 2014 release date at the latest.

Yet another possibility is Apple would jump straight to a phablet-class handset and call it the iPhone 6 or iPhone Air as many reports have been suggesting. And if rumours would prove right that Foxconn and Pegatron will equally split this year's iPhone volume production, there is chance the device would debut in May 2014.

With the two giant Chinese device manufactures assembling the iPhone 6 in high gear, production and release calendar of the device should be met with minimal issues, Apple watchers said.

On release date, the iPhone 6 is also anticipated to showcase a virtually indestructible Liquidmetal casing, sapphire glass and coating, an A8 chip in 64-bit mobile computing standard and iOS 8.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

5.7 inch....that's honestly way too big.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Apple just don't know how to make their phones.

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I-dont-believe-you.gif

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I don't believe you, i also don't care Android master race

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

If thats true its time for a mobile upgrade after 2 years. I am very unhappy with android. I dotn say it sbad but my samsung galaxy S3 is slow and buggy and i used iphone before and i think its better for speed.

So i may grab one, but first i need to talk to mom

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I still dont get the whole trend with turning a phone into a tablet, whats next adding a phone to a 15inch XL Ipad just to make people look like bigger idiots when they put them up to their ears?

On second thought let it happen, I would love to see how Apple spins the whole "Its The Greatest Innovation Ever approach" to something that makes people look like blithering idiots.

I still dont get the whole trend with turning a phone into a tablet, whats next adding a phone to a 15inch XL Ipad just to make people look like bigger idiots when they put them up to their ears?

On second thought let it happen, I would love to see how Apple spins the whole "Its The Greatest Innovation Ever approach" to something that makes people look like blithering idiots.

Samsung already made the idiot device =)

http://photos.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8.0-1-2.jpg

Apple would never do something so idiotic. 

Samsung already made the idiot device =)

http://photos.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8.0-1-2.jpg

Apple would never do something so idiotic. 

You sure, I mean they came up with the ITrashcanPro.

Also that thing looks damn painful to hold. Tablets will never be a good productivity tool, the only people I ever see using these things are you Facebook and Instagram pros.

I consider my Lumnia 928 to be my upper bounds to the size of a phone.

You sure, I mean they came up with the ITrashcanPro.

Also that thing looks damn painful to hold. Tablets will never be a good productivity tool, the only people I ever see using these things are you Facebook and Instagram pros.

I consider my Lumnia 928 to be my upper bounds to the size of a phone.

I actually use my iPad for everything in University. Its 1lb and perfect for storing all my textbooks and taking notes on lecture. 

I have said this before. I will say it again.

It's all speculation people. Take it all with a grain of rice.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I actually use my iPad for everything in University. Its 1lb and perfect for storing all my textbooks and taking notes on lecture. 

Whats your major?

I cant use an Ipad for my Computer Science classes, might as well bring a ball and chain. I personally use an Acer chromebook flashed to Ubuntu.(fun fact about the processor is that its the same chip thats used in $500 dollar dell machines and google foots some of the costs so they can get greater market penetration. So its a steal at $199). Not one person would dare to bring a mac or ipad into class, you would get laughed out the door and told to pick up something that's not a total brick for development.

Whats your major?

I cant use an Ipad for my Computer Science classes, might as well bring a ball and chain. I personally use an Acer chromebook flashed to Ubuntu.(fun fact about the processor is that its the same chip thats used in $500 dollar dell machines and google foots some of the costs so they can get greater market penetration. So its a steal at $199). Not one person would dare to bring a mac into class, you would get laughed out the door and told to pick up something that's not a total brick for development.

I'm premed but I finished a computer engineering minor. In my engineering classes there were tons of kids with macs and no one said anything. I personally had a Windows laptop but no one had any trouble. 

Keep in mind I'm not trying to talk you into using an iPad for class, I'm just saying I've found a very good use for one in my classes. Premed is Chemistry, Molecular and Cell Bio, Anatomy, all classes that are conducive to using an iPad to study. I finished most of my difficult Math and Physics classes. I'd much rather carry the iPad than a 4-5lb laptop or 3lb ultrabook. 

That's fake as hell bro. 5.7"? lol, they don't even dare going above 4", you think they're going to make the 1.7" jump? Hell naw.

looks ugly...

i think Apple have lost their breadcrumbs since they lost Steve... i hope they don't find the witches house

Character artist in the Games industry.

5 inch would have been the sweet spot

6.7  is in phablet territory

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

This is most likely fake. 5.7in is way too big. Would prefer they stayed 4in. 

I'm almost tempted to downgrade to a Nexus One for my next phone. It's one of the few phones that I'd consider the perfect sweetspot for size, resolution and functionality. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Wasn't iOS 7 just released?

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

I don't believe you, i also don't care Android master race

ololol

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

5.7" is too absurd from Apple to consider this to be fully true, especially since the original idea of the iPhone's size was that you could touch all corners with your thumb.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I highly doubt Apple will release another phone in May.