Just changed from Nvidia to AMD and now there's no display. Help!

BlitZerWolf2861
Go to solution Solved by immaguy1234,
2 minutes ago, BlitZerWolf2861 said:

White. It's always white. As for the bios, how? 

1) Unplug all the components and devices on the MB, and then reinstall the CPU,­RAM (one piece), VGA card and power supp­ly only.Please add some thermal gel on the CPU, and then rei­nstall the CPU fan correctly and tightly­.Be sure JPWR1 and JPWR2 are connected to proper ATX power supplies to ensure st­able operation of the motherboard. If th­ere are 6 pin or 8 pin Power Connectors on your VGA,please make sure they are co­nnected to power sup­ply。

2) Clear CMOS (How to clear CMOS, you could refer to the ma­nual)for a try. 

3) If the problem still persists, please change the RAM wi­th different RAM slot to check again.

or 5) change the HDMI cable

or 6) spam reset until it goes into BIOS

what did you change from originally to what AMD card? 

Rig 1: i7-9700k OC'd to 5.0ghz all core | EVGA XC RTX 2080Ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | ASUS PRIME Z370-P | Asetek 550LC 120mm | ADATA 480GB SSD & Toshiba P300 3TB | Cooler Master Masterbox MB500 | Win 10 Home | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, G502 Proteus Spectrum, G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Wireless Limited Edition, Corsair MM300 Mouse Pad | 2 MSI Optix Curved 27" FHD Monitors 

(before i sold the WD drive and MSI gpu - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11946219 171 gaming. felt good.)

Rig 2: i7-7700k Stock clocks | MSI Armor GTX 1070 | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8GB | MSI Z270 A-Pro | WD Green 240GB SSD & 2TB Seagate HDD | Thermaltake Core G21 Tempered Glass Edition | Win 10 Home | 2 HP Omen FHD 144hz 24.5" Monitors 

Rig 3: i7-6700 | GT 730 & GT 645 OEM | Some random DDR4 2133mhz 2x8gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | WD Black 2TB HDD & Toshiba 1TB HDD | Win 10 Home | 3 27" Dell FHD Monitors 

Rig 4: i7-4770 | EVGA SSC 1050ti | Some random DDR3 ram 2x2gb and 2x4gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | Stock Cooler | 1TB WD Black HDD | Win 7 Home 

RIP 

Rig 5 (dead and dismantled and sold) : i7-7820X OC'd to 4.8ghz all core | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | Gigabyte X299 UD4 PRO | Asetek 240mm AIO | WD Green 240gb SSD | Other various components that I can't remember

Rig 6 (same fate as rig 5) i7-8700k stock clocks | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8gb | MSI Z370 A-Pro | Asetek 550LC 120mm | WD Green 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB HDD | Other various components that I can't Remember 

3 minutes ago, BlitZerWolf2861 said:

As per title. I put in a gt 720 to see if that would work but still nothing

What was the AMD card? Do you have a second x16 slot to try? Did you plug power into the GPU?

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Just now, Grockle88 said:

What was the AMD card? Do you have a second x16 slot to try? Did you plug power into the GPU?

Just now, Grockle88 said:

Went from 980ti to rx570. And no I only have one slot, yes powered. 

Just now, BlitZerWolf2861 said:

If you still have the 980ti at hand, put that back in and uninstall the display drivers, then put the AMD GPU back in and power up Windows. Windows 10 should automatically install the Display drivers

why would you go from 980ti to a 570?

2 minutes ago, Earnist_ said:

why would you go from 980ti to a 570?

Downgrade and money

4 minutes ago, immaguy1234 said:

If you still have the 980ti at hand, put that back in and uninstall the display drivers, then put the AMD GPU back in and power up Windows. Windows 10 should automatically install the Display drivers

I sold it. That's why I put in the 720

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

ddu. because no-one mentioned it yet. don't try to do it yourself

I can't get the PC to display anything 

Sounds like you forgot to DDU.

Go DDU and it will work.

1 minute ago, BlitZerWolf2861 said:

Can you get into BIOS?

1 minute ago, BlitZerWolf2861 said:

Reset CMOS, plug in onboard HDMI/DVI/VGA whatever, download DDU, wipe of Nvdia drivers plug in ur AMD card and try. 

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

can you display anything with the intergrated graphics?

Which we did say

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Sounds like you forgot to DDU.

Go DDU and it will work.

Can you get into BIOS?

1 minute ago, Klemmbrett said:

Reset CMOS, plug in onboard HDMI/DVI/VGA whatever, download DDU, wipe of Nvdia drivers plug in ur AMD card and try. 

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

can you display anything with the intergrated graphics?

I don't have integrated graphics 

Just now, BlitZerWolf2861 said:

I don't have integrated graphics 

we're talking about the cpu in your profile, right? that one does

Yes i was also looking into his profile and saw the i5 6400, which has IGPU

Sorry, I changed it but I didn't update. Must have presses something wrong. I'm using a Ryzen 1400

Sorry, I changed it but I didn't update. Must have presses something wrong. I'm using a Ryzen 1400

does it display absolutly nothing, or are you getting the bios screen. btw, have you plugged in the sata power if applicable?

6 minutes ago, BlitZerWolf2861 said:

Well any chance you can get your hands on a friends 900 series or newer card which will work with ur current drivers ? But also you should be able to boot with VGA driver by one or the other way. And that are such baisc drivers that they run on everything. And did you buy a new 570 ? Are we sure that the card works to beginn with can u try it in another system ?

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

does it display absolutly nothing, or are you getting the bios screen. btw, have you plugged in the sata power if applicable?

Nothing at all. Here's a pic. Hdmi's plugged in the front

1544802738474251592116.jpg