Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OBS Set to Recording 1080p 60fps But Why?

 Share

Hi..

 

Can anyone help me or show me what to do with OBS? Because I'm new to it.

I installed the OBS today, and choose the recording optimization because I just want to record, not streaming.

Then I adjusted the setting to 1080p canvas and 1080p output 60fps .mp4 file type, but when finished recording and play the captured scene, it shows that the result quality is far from what I'm expecting, like pale color, fps looks like it's way lower than 60 fps.

 

How can I get the exact same recorded video result like it is the actual quality? While I see most of the recorded same game I watch on YT shows they are HD and looks like the actual scene in the game. Idk what software all that streamers recorded their gameplay that good.

Did I missed something here or is it the software which actually not that good?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Hi..

 

Can anyone help me or show me what to do with OBS? Because I'm new to it.

I installed the OBS today, and choose the recording optimization because I just want to record, not streaming.

Then I adjusted the setting to 1080p canvas and 1080p output 60fps .mp4 file type, but when finished recording and play the captured scene, it shows that the result quality is far from what I'm expecting, like pale color, fps looks like it's way lower than 60 fps.

 

How can I get the exact same recorded video result like it is the actual quality? While I see most of the recorded same game I watch on YT shows they are HD and looks like the actual scene in the game. Idk what software all that streamers recorded their gameplay that good.

Did I missed something here or is it the software which actually not that good?

I am by no means an expert, but these settings work great for me. 

3c564.png

Nc826.png

jc213.png

Specs:

 Gaming PC: i5 3570, 16GB 1600MHz, GTX 780 3GB, Transcend 128GB, WD 500GB, Seagate 500GB, Thermaltake 600W Smart, S340 w/ RGB, Windows 10 Pro

 Server: Xeon E5 2650, 12GB 1600MHz ECC, 8400GS, WD 2TB + 1TB + 1TB, EVGA 500B 500W, Windows 10 Pro

 Laptop: Macbook Pro Retina 2013, i7 4558U, 8GB 1600MHz, Intel Iris Pro 1.5GB, Apple 256GB NVME, Mojave

 

 Internet: $70/month For 500/100, Actually get 525/102

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, newcbomb said:

I am by no means an expert, but these settings work great for me. 

3c564.png

Nc826.png

jc213.png

This is the exact same setting I use.. But it doesn't give the results I wanted. Or maybe it's my media player (WMP Classic) which makes the video worse than I expected?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

This is the exact same setting I use.. But it doesn't give the results I wanted. Or maybe it's my media player (WMP Classic) which makes the video worse than I expected?

Media Player shouldn't matter, but I would use VLC. Are you sure you have CQP set? 

Specs:

 Gaming PC: i5 3570, 16GB 1600MHz, GTX 780 3GB, Transcend 128GB, WD 500GB, Seagate 500GB, Thermaltake 600W Smart, S340 w/ RGB, Windows 10 Pro

 Server: Xeon E5 2650, 12GB 1600MHz ECC, 8400GS, WD 2TB + 1TB + 1TB, EVGA 500B 500W, Windows 10 Pro

 Laptop: Macbook Pro Retina 2013, i7 4558U, 8GB 1600MHz, Intel Iris Pro 1.5GB, Apple 256GB NVME, Mojave

 

 Internet: $70/month For 500/100, Actually get 525/102

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, newcbomb said:

Media Player shouldn't matter, but I would use VLC. Are you sure you have CQP set? 

I will check it latter, I'm not on my PC atm. Thanks.. I will let you know once I checked it

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@newcbomb your setting still doesn't give me the result I want. It still the same result to the previous setting. It's still looks like a very low fps and pale color video.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

@newcbomb your setting still doesn't give me the result I want. It still the same result to the previous setting. It's still looks like a very low fps and pale color video.

Are you using VLC Player? Also, when you right click on the file at hit properties. Under details can you take a screenshot?

Specs:

 Gaming PC: i5 3570, 16GB 1600MHz, GTX 780 3GB, Transcend 128GB, WD 500GB, Seagate 500GB, Thermaltake 600W Smart, S340 w/ RGB, Windows 10 Pro

 Server: Xeon E5 2650, 12GB 1600MHz ECC, 8400GS, WD 2TB + 1TB + 1TB, EVGA 500B 500W, Windows 10 Pro

 Laptop: Macbook Pro Retina 2013, i7 4558U, 8GB 1600MHz, Intel Iris Pro 1.5GB, Apple 256GB NVME, Mojave

 

 Internet: $70/month For 500/100, Actually get 525/102

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, newcbomb said:

Are you using VLC Player? Also, when you right click on the file at hit properties. Under details can you take a screenshot?

No, my media players are the default WMP, MPC-HC and the default Windows 10 media player app. I use MPC-HC the most.

 

My PC can run the game 90-130 fps, recorded for 60 fps, but most of the results shows me that they're like 20-30 fps and very pale color. And the odd thing is the recorded file sized 5Gb each with that very low quality.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×