CPU FAN ERROR and fans spinning weirdly when installing a new aio

So I just bought this new AIO, cooler Master masterliquid (non pro). I install it to the front of my case as I wanted a push pull configuration, with the included aio fans pulling and my front intakes pushing. I mount it and then power my pc on and some weird things started to happen. It brought me to the AMERICAN MEGATRENDS screen and told me CPU FAN ERROR. Then I felt my fans and the front intake I already have started pushing air OUT of my case, while the aio fans started pushing air IN my case. Now they were essentially fighting. What should I do?

Sounds like you probably didn't orient the fans correctly, if they're pushing in opposite directions. Did you plug anything into the CPU_FAN header? Usually you plug the AiO pump in here IIRC. If there's nothing connected then you'll see the error message about the CPU fan.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

3 minutes ago, tikker said:

Sounds like you probably didn't orient the fans correctly, if they're pushing in opposite directions. Did you plug anything into the CPU_FAN header? Usually you plug the AiO pump in here IIRC. If there's nothing connected then you'll see the error message about the CPU fan.

The front intake fans were stock factory, the aio fans are pushing the right way, in, so I’m really confused. I used this system without the aio and with healthy airflow for about 6 months now, so I don’t what happened with the fans, they just changed direction. Before they were going clockwise and now counterclockwise.

2 minutes ago, ArcticEngineer said:

The front intake fans were stock factory, the aio fans are pushing the right way, in, so I’m really confused. I used this system without the aio and with healthy airflow for about 6 months now, so I don’t what happened with the fans, they just changed direction. Before they were going clockwise and now counterclockwise.

Did you force a connector in the wrong way? The only way I know of that could maybe change the spinning direction is to reverse the polarity (i.e. swap the red and black wires). You fan will not produce much airflow this way, however, as they are not designed to spin that way, if they even spin at all.

Surely you had to take them off when mounting the AiO? Did you not just put them back on backwards? The air blows out of the "obstructed" side of the frame. I've haven't heard of much success reversing polarity, let alone fans reversing direction on their own.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

7 minutes ago, ArcticEngineer said:

Photo of both sides of the AIO, and a detailed description of where the fans are plugged into and where the pump is getting its power is the fastest way to diagnose this.

you should see this on the fans on the inside of your case, the ones mounted on the radiator

Spoiler

apart_5_disassemble_pc_cooling_fan_clip_

almost all computer fans operate like this

Spoiler

xopen-grille.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+w