Samsung Galaxy S10 2019 Launch event & product details leak

16 hours ago, Commodus said:

This is akin to saying "why would anyone buy a Mercedes?  All you need are four wheels, a motor and a steering wheel.  Anyone who doesn't just buy the cheapest car they can is stupid."

It's not whether or not it can do the basics.  It's how well it does the things you want it to do.  And please, stop presuming that you speak for everyone else.  My phone is my work tool, my camera when I can't bring my mirrorless (which is most of the time), my media player, my communication hub... I'm happy to pay good money for something that helps in all of those categories.

I do many things with my phone this is a reason i have nexus 5. It does things that S9 note 9 oneplus 5t and newer models just can't! It runs OS that i like. Whole linux distro Sailfish os with it i do MANY things. I build programs for it. I compile stuff on the go on my phone! I chroot into ubuntu or arch linux on it and run desktop based browser firefox. And it still has wireless charging and NFC! Your modern phone just can't do all these things that i want my phone to be able to do. Google would not make nexus device pixels are trash in the things where nexus line was king! Others are too dumb to make good phones that are really usefull in these things. They are oriented in bringing more cameras, more ram and more storage in their phones. Who the hell needs it anyway. My phone can do more then 12 GB 1 TB S10 LOL

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

52 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

I do many things with my phone this is a reason i have nexus 5. It does things that S9 note 9 oneplus 5t and newer models just can't! It runs OS that i like. Whole linux distro Sailfish os with it i do MANY things. I build programs for it. I compile stuff on the go on my phone! I chroot into ubuntu or arch linux on it and run desktop based browser firefox. And it still has wireless charging and NFC! Your modern phone just can't do all these things that i want my phone to be able to do. Google would not make nexus device pixels are trash in the things where nexus line was king! Others are too dumb to make good phones that are really usefull in these things. They are oriented in bringing more cameras, more ram and more storage in their phones. Who the hell needs it anyway. My phone can do more then 12 GB 1 TB S10 LOL

Understand that different users have different use cases. I have a Note8 because I use the S Pen on a regular basis. If I didn’t, I could probably get by with an upper-midrange device, but there are some people who feel the need to have the latest and greatest, whether that’s just due to want or a legitimate reason on why like the S Pen I mentioned earlier.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 hours ago, mate_mate91 said:

That's great, and you've mentioned it before, but again -- please don't assume that your requirements should be the ones that everyone else uses.  Your Nexus 5 is better for you.  But the vast majority of people aren't programmers, and you shouldn't expect them to be.  And if you're not a programmer or a diehard open source advocate, a phone like the S10 is going to be better than that Nexus 5 in every way.

Looks interesting, though I'm not sure how coding for that hole in the screen will play out. I'm sure they have some tricks up their sleeve, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'll probably skip that whole trend...which is surprising since I've always gotten a new phone every year. Though, Nokia's 9 might be something I'll strongly consider. I don't imagine they'll jump on that bandwagon.

It should be noted that most people are saying the expensive version of the phone (the one everyone's crying about the price over) is supposed to be a massive, 6.7" version with 4 rear cameras and 5G connectivity. Given that we already know 5G will be more expensive, it's not surprising that it's priced so high, especially since it seems to pack a bunch of other hardware into it as well. Not sure why people can't here can't understand that there's a premium market, and Samsung is merely making a device to cater to it; if you're crying foul over the price, it's simply not meant for you.

20 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

128GB storage at $1K USD...fuck off Samsung, your TabPro S has the same storage. And its (or was-I think its now discontinued) a far cheaper device.

Comparing different devices doesn't make much sense.

20 hours ago, Arika S said:

that is one boring-ass looking phone

What would make it more interesting? I mean, once you have an all screen front...you're kinda stuck..

18 hours ago, ThePD said:

Over 880 dollars for a 'lite' version? Yeah the price on these phones is insanity. 

It's cheaper than the full fat version ? So it does make sense. Lite doesn't have to mean super cheap.

18 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

the marketing dep is sure to fire up some dank ads for the eggheads to go head over heels to get this those that cant afford it. dat cursed apple trend , it's bleeding into this .

So they simply shouldn't cater to those that can afford higher end devices? Kind of narrow minded, no?

17 hours ago, Shorty88jr said:

Well RIP my wallet good grief I got my s9+ for less than $250 there is no way I'm paying that kind of money. I literally get a new phone every year because I love Samsung phones and usually you can get great deals on them. Looks like this is the first year I won't be upgrading to the new flagship device. The phone looks good and no notch and in screen fingerprint reader is great but that price is absolutely insane. I don't understand who thinks we want to pay almost 2k for a phone. Ok phone pricing rant over the specs on the phone (or should I say tablet with that possible 6.7 in screen) look insane I mean 12GB of ram is almost as much as my gaming computer.

I'm guessing you got that subsidized though, no? There's going to be similar deals for the S10. It's not much more than this years S series, so I'm not sure why you're shocked. Also, the 2k version has 1TB of storage, 5G, and is likely a much different device than most people looking at the S series would want; it's more of a Note competitor.

17 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I've been planning on upgrading my Galaxy S7 to the Galaxy S10 for a while now, but the more I see and hear about it the less excited I get.

I don't like notches, and the "cutout" camera doesn't fix the issues I got. The issues I got are that current apps may need to be redesigned, and that in some cases the notch covers content. It also makes the screen asymmetrical which drives my OCD nuts.

I feel bad for app developers who will need to design their fullscreen apps with a bunch of different notch/camera placements in mind. Might as well just kill of fullscreen completely because it will be so impractical.

Also, if they just do the camera like that, will they be able to fit in a notification LED? Not sure if the A8s has it.

No notification light was why I didn't consider the OP6T. That, and the deal I got on the S8.

I have a feeling in a couple of years I'll have no choice but to abandon the notification light for always on displays, and I just hope by then they aren't nearly as taxing on the battery ?

16 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Ruined. 

I really hoped they'd go for full display. Anniversary device even. The regular flat display model which I like still doesn't have a proper full display. Ugh. 

I don't think they're ready yet...I mean, it is on their roadmap, so it's not like they're not working towards it. It takes a lot of tech to put cameras under the display.

13 hours ago, BuckGup said:

Yall complain about Apple's prices. LOL $1800 without tax yeah right. Also an iPhone stil blows it out of the water in terms of performance 

Never understood the comparison between Apple and Android. Most people are in one camp or the other, and they're not going to change.

12 hours ago, mate_mate91 said:

And here i am sitting with my beloved nexus 5 which BTW does EVERYTHING i need from the phone. I am just loughing my ass off seeing how these companies rip off money from EVERYONE for + 64 GB and + 1/2/3 camera. :D

Haha I didn't mind my Nexus 5, but it was far from a premium device...speakers sucked, build quality was meh. Camera was also meh. Stepped up to a Note5 after that and was much, much happier. Battery finally lasted through the day too.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Haha I didn't mind my Nexus 5, but it was far from a premium device...speakers sucked, build quality was meh. Camera was also meh. Stepped up to a Note5 after that and was much, much happier. Battery finally lasted through the day too.

I had made LG G2 battery mod to my nexus 5 and it did 6 hour SOT. My friend had note 5 back then and my nexus 5 lasted MUCH longer then his note 5 :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

23 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I don't think they're ready yet...I mean, it is on their roadmap, so it's not like they're not working towards it. It takes a lot of tech to put cameras under the display.

Yeah I know. It's just I'm so disappointed with this notch year and next year will be cam holes year. I'd rather have a small bezel or no front cam at all and just have proper display. Guess we'll wait and see once they manage to put everything under display in the end. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Anyone else feels prices are totally out of control lately for devices that are basically obsolete in around 2 years time, even more so because vendors have a pathetic software support after they sell them to you?

36 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Anyone else feels prices are totally out of control lately for devices that are basically obsolete in around 2 years time, even more so because vendors have a pathetic software support after they sell them to you?

Yeah, that's why I stay a year behind the curve when purchasing a mobile phone :) I buy last year's flagship for less than half the price when it released (so this year was a Galaxy S8 for 380 Euro). I'll keep this for a couple of years and then buy the S10 for about the same price :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

that's usually their point, selling a product that will get outdated sooner as you deliberately cave in the support for the an 'older' one & work more on for the newer one, basically forcing them in a subconscious way to keep pursuing to get something new. the price 'water testing' is the one that bugs me, bumping it up each year & amping up the extreme end flagship at an exuberant price & later cutting it down for a "discount" when it affect sales & movement of the product,  nvidia's been doing that for years now. but atleast they know when to pull back when things get spicy.

Details separate people.

So, still no real good reason to upgrade from my s8

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

@dizmo

The differences are actually mainly the form factor and CPU. Otherwise the ProBook S can be compared-it does have cellular connectivity. Point is, only 128GB storage at that price is shit.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

17 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

do you use your phone to edit videos? 

To a degree I do, but I have no problems with the 576gb it could hold now. Then I have cloud storage to offload a great deal of my stuff anyways. I mean my Amazon pictures account allows for unlimited photos and I have a TB (I think) with my old grandfather account I am using.

That isn't even counting the storage I have at home and can access via VPN if needed on the fly. Sure I wouldn't want to do it over my cell network, but I am around a wifi setup about 80% or more of the time anyways.

So that being said... why would I need 1TB of internal storage + another 512gb? I mean 1.5tb of storage is a little excessive IMO. This is from a device that has a 5minute limit on 4k60 video too.

13 hours ago, mate_mate91 said:

I had made LG G2 battery mod to my nexus 5 and it did 6 hour SOT. My friend had note 5 back then and my nexus 5 lasted MUCH longer then his note 5 :D

That just comes down to personal use ? It was still a really poor device. The Zenfone 3 Zoom is significantly better in all regards, and cheaper.

13 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Yeah I know. It's just I'm so disappointed with this notch year and next year will be cam holes year. I'd rather have a small bezel or no front cam at all and just have proper display. Guess we'll wait and see once they manage to put everything under display in the end. 

There's only one way to progress, and such gains need to be paid for by someone. Those that don't mind the hole will bear the burden of progression ?

13 hours ago, RejZoR said:

There are loads of midrange phones you can get, which really, have similar performance to past flagship phones, if not significantly better.

IMO there's just more market for higher end phones and more people are able to pay the higher price. Thus, the price will go up for such items.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

To a degree I do, but I have no problems with the 576gb it could hold now. Then I have cloud storage to offload a great deal of my stuff anyways. I mean my Amazon pictures account allows for unlimited photos and I have a TB (I think) with my old grandfather account I am using.

That isn't even counting the storage I have at home and can access via VPN if needed on the fly. Sure I wouldn't want to do it over my cell network, but I am around a wifi setup about 80% or more of the time anyways.

So that being said... why would I need 1TB of internal storage + another 512gb? I mean 1.5tb of storage is a little excessive IMO. This is from a device that has a 5minute limit on 4k60 video too.

Spoiler

so i'm guessing you wouldn't on any iphones considering the awful aspect rations and small screens except maybe the max version that still has a notch. how does having that much "supposed synthetic benchmark performance" gonna help you in even editing? what's the purpose ?, but yes if you are buying a 1200$ phone just to edit videos maybe benchamark scores are important to you, but its not something i'd brag about saying apple still benchmarks still blows out an newer phone.

and for the rest of your comment, what are you even saying? all i asked was did you edit videos on your phone. why are you explaining stuff i didn't ask for? 

opsie, i quoted a wrong person while commenting, my question did you edit videos on the phone was for the guy who say iphone benchmarks still beats newer phones, ignore this. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

6 hours ago, dizmo said:

There's only one way to progress, and such gains need to be paid for by someone. Those that don't mind the hole will bear the burden of progression ?

One was as in compromise =/ ? Either way, I'll have tough time to choose a next phone it seems. For now it looks like only HTC and Sony are looking like a good options since they're not screwing up display.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

One was as in compromise =/ ? Either way, I'll have tough time to choose a next phone it seems. For now it looks like only HTC and Sony are looking like a good options since they're not screwing up display.

If we're talking flagships, the XZ3 has a curved display similar to the Samsung flagships

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

5 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

If we're talking flagships, the XZ3 has a curved display similar to the Samsung flagships

I was mainly thinking about future phones though. And at least they're the only one not using notch and holes. There's Galay Note series, interested to see the 10 though I don't need the pen so. 

2 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

I was mainly thinking about future phones though. And at least they're the only one not using notch and holes. There's Galay Note series, interested to see the 10 though I don't need the pen so. 

You might want to see whatever HTC and Sony do for their next phones before assuming they'll be safe... I don't have any advance knowledge, but I wouldn't rule out notched displays just yet.

17 minutes ago, Commodus said:

You might want to see whatever HTC and Sony do for their next phones before assuming they'll be safe... I don't have any advance knowledge, but I wouldn't rule out notched displays just yet.

I mean yeah sure. Though they kinda are looking more to not jump on dumb trend for the sake of it. I'll wait and see what they come up with. I'd expect HTC to be conservative with design and just stretching display as much as they can without eating into it. Sony is rumored to release 21:9 phone too. 

Whatever, from whoever the phone without scuffed display will be what I'll be looking for. I'm on regular S6 now. 

Holes

In

The

Screen

Are

Stupid.

There was nothing wrong with the s8 and s9's bezels. Be confident in your designs, Samsung...

Also, WTF are those prices ? what's it made of, solid platinum? Get your shit together Samsung, nobody wants an iphone but with android. There is no justification to spend any more than 500$ on a phone anymore, and even then 99% of people will be more than fine with a 250$ one.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

33 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Also, WTF are those prices ? what's it made of, solid platinum? Get your shit together Samsung, nobody wants an iphone but with android. There is no justification to spend any more than 500$ on a phone anymore, and even then 99% of people will be more than fine with a 250$ one.

Honestly, I would have agreed but at least in my area, Huawei didn’t seem to have issues selling their $1000 phone. There was a massive queue at the launch event over here.

Though I guess that Leica name probably helps. Even so, if I didn’t have a need for an S Pen, I’d probably be on a Nokia 7+ since it does pretty much everything I want it to do at a pretty reasonable price all while packing in more-than-capable hardware.

8 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

Honestly, I would have agreed but at least in my area, Huawei didn’t seem to have issues selling their $1000 phone. There was a massive queue at the launch event over here.

Might as well burn the money if you ask me. I have no doubt some people will buy it and maybe even form a queue on launch, but I'm just as sure they'll start losing their wider consumer base if they keep this up. Then again they have cheaper models too...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Didn't feel the S9+ was a compelling phone compared to my S8+, and the S10 seems like more of the same.

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

Stop ? curving ? displays ?

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

On 12/14/2018 at 3:36 AM, Tech_Dreamer said:

major leak from a tech retailer

It was not a leak, but a planned release of information to make it look like an "accidental"  "leak"