Samsung Galaxy S10 2019 Launch event & product details leak

anniversary time

samsung_event_1_pc.jpg?$ORIGIN_JPG$

gizmodo.co.uk allegedly got a major leak from a tech retailer about the upcoming Samsung galaxy flagship release event along with a few crispy details on the product price & it's whereabouts happening next year. 

The upcoming latest 10th anniversary flagship phone from Samsung for the next lineup for the year 2019 , the S10 series of flagship phones will will launch at a Samsung Unpacked event before Mobile World Congress 2019, on the 20th of February reportedly. The phone will be available for pre-order from that date, and will then be released on Friday the 8th of March.

ezowz9ZQPerAwbu5PBaSyP-650-80.jpg

Our source (who has verified their identity) tells us there'll be three versions of the S10: the regular version, a Plus version, and a flat version – interesting to hear they're bringing back the non-curved screen.   As we suspected already, the S10 will have the Infinity O display, aka the doughnut or hole-punch design whereby a hole's made in the front of the screen to contain the selfie camera and avoid having a notch.

Product lineup

zPATE89eutGzih46pCqgHD-650-80.jpg

• 3 versions : Lite , Regular & Plus (S10 lite , Galaxy S10  & Galaxy S10+ )

Here are as much details i could pick up(took me almost an hour filtering through fake sites & somewhat authentic ones, no guarantees on the accuracy as everything is alleged by the source & it's sources)

S10 Lite version

• will have a 5.8" curved screen. (rumored to be flat but other rumor sources say its a higher end one)
  • pinhole camera at front allowing screen to curve around the camera edge as in recent front facing in screen camera design they did.
  • packing 128GB of storage and would retail at around £669 (around $849 usd)
  • micro SD & 3.5mm jacks & all the regular good stuffs for a premium price
  • could not find battery details

S10 Standard version

• will have a curved 6.1" screen
  • with a choice of 128GB or 512GB storage
  • 128GB  priced at £799( around $1000)
  • 512GB priced at  £999 ( around $1200)
  • could not find battery details

S10 Plus version

• will have a  6.4" 1440 x 3040 flat screen with curved screen edge at bottom  (or an alleged 6"7 screen according to an old rumor, tho that might be a note 10 version)
  • alleged 12GB ram
  • 3 cameras at rear at minimum or alleged 4 camera on the back & 2 front facing camera (totaling upto 6 camera in one phone)
  • 3 camera setting in rear at 12MP f/1.5-f/2.4 variable aperture lens, a 16MP f/1.9 aperture lens with a 123-degree field of view, and a 13MP f/2.4 aperture lens.
  • 128GB & 512GB & a whopping 1 TB storage
  • 128 GB priced at £899 ( around $1140)
  • 512 GB priced at £1099 (around $1400)
  • 1TB priced at  £1400 (around $1800 )
  • front facing DUAL camera code named Beyond X
  • Front facing cameras are at top right corner & is cut into the screen as a notch ?‍♂️
  • glass metal back?
  • could not find battery details, expect something around 4000mah or above

alleged product image of S10 Plus

97EtbDqmQjCwDLZxqLJTo5-650-80.jpg

More than just being in-screen though, this is rumored to be a third-generation ultrasonic scanner from Qualcomm, which should be more secure than most in-screen scanners, as many are optical, meaning they take a 2D scan of your print, while ultrasonic ones capture a 3D picture.

Alleged design,feature & other details

•  S10 Base version along with other models will have the Infinity O display, aka the doughnut or hole-punch design whereby a hole's made in the front of the screen to contain the selfie camera and avoid having a notch.

• An Ultrasonic in-display Fingerprint sensor which would scan the print in 3 dimension.

• Retina/IRIS scan removed , improved facial recognition instead

• Curved screen on 2 models & one flat with front facing pin hole camera at front on all

• One UI interface layered on top of android Pie

• 5G support even tho it hasn't been available publicly

• A Snapdragon 855 or Exynos 9820 chipset

• 3.5mm jack still intact at bottom edge

• Animojis improved . (please for the love of god delete this)

• Plus version allegedly has 1440 x 3040 resolution and a 19:9 aspect ratio.

• Dual lens in the Plus version is cut into the screen as a notch & not blended into the screen like a pin hole with screen curving around it.

• S10 Lite: £699 ($881)
  • S10 with 128GB storage: £799 ($1,007)
  • S10 with 512GB storage: £999 ($1,260)
  • S10+ with 128GB storage: £899 ($1,134)
  • S10+ with 512GB storage: £1,099 ($1,386)
  • S10+ with 1TB storage: £1,399 ($1,765)

qF33EnfYQfnEDx8M5TbDyP-650-80.jpg

pTDbdXCKsxTzqWLbW824iC-650-80.jpg

The S10 launch event could be February 20, 2019 (one day before MWC 2019)   Expect leaks or at least hints at either CES or in the lead up to MWC 2019Also, expect the S10 price to remain expensive at $719 / £739

For me the S10 plus details are very interesting if it turns out to be true , samsungs been learning a lot from their past mistakes , it'll be interesting to see how this turns out, new light weight UI should improve battery & overall usability,  What do you guys think? leave your comments & rants down below, how do you think the specs are & how trust worthy they are? leave a comment on that one too down below.

Source :

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/12/samsung-galaxy-s10-launch-release-date-sizes-uk-prices/

https://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s10-plus-release-date-price-news-and-leaks

https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2018/12/13/samsungs-galaxy-s10-will-reportedly-launch-on-february-20-and-cost-up-to-1765/

https://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s10

Details separate people.

23 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

3.5mm jack still intact at bottom edge

This is the important part, not because the phones will have it, but because every year since iPhone 7, rumors are that the next S line will drop the headphone jack, and contrary to all of them, Samsung still includes it. People fuss over rumors. Just to be clear, the case for the S10 was confirmed to have a headphone jack cut out.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

128GB storage at $1K USD...fuck off Samsung, your TabPro S has the same storage. And its (or was-I think its now discontinued) a far cheaper device.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

59 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Curved screen on 2 models & one flat with front facing pin hole camera at front on all

wish the flat one was the plus

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

>Headphone jack 

Looks like they held out......at least for now. 

20 minutes ago, Arika S said:

that is one boring-ass looking phone

Like a lot of phones released in the past few years tbh 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

1 hour ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

97EtbDqmQjCwDLZxqLJTo5-650-80.jpg

This looks more like a notch moved to the side, there's display only to the left and down of the cameras.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

wish the flat one was the plus

probably is , but polarizing reports on it. so not sure which one to trust. a proper leak site said it was the plus version, but a forbes article rumored it be on the base version of the s10 , but seeing how the specs line up , the hardware it needs to pack i'm pretty sure a larger frame on s10 plus would come under this.

Details separate people.

16 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

probably is , but polarizing reports on it. so not sure which one to trust. a proper leak site said it was the plus version, but a forbes article rumored it be on the base version of the s10 , but seeing how the specs line up , the hardware it needs to pack i'm pretty sure a larger frame on s10 plus would come under this.

if only that were true, fact to the matter is, Samsung believes that their edge display is premium, the plus is the most expensive edition, therefore it, and the standard version, will get the edge display.

Leaving the cheaper option, the Lite, with the flat screen.

Which really suck, cause I the bigger screen, bigger is better, been saying it since the OG Note and Galaxy Mega days, but can't stand the edge display.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

if only that were true, fact to the matter is, Samsung believes that their edge display is premium, the plus is the most expensive edition, therefore it, and the standard version, will get the edge display.

Leaving the cheaper option, the Lite, with the flat screen.

Which really suck, cause I the bigger screen, bigger is better, been saying it since the OG Note and Galaxy Mega days, but can't stand the edge display.

if that leaked image is true , the dual front camera is only on the s10 plus with the front notch, which is set to be a flat screen surface. there is still hope.

97EtbDqmQjCwDLZxqLJTo5-650-80.jpg&key=9d

Details separate people.

12gb of ram is nuts.  We'll see how well a 1800 dollar phone sells.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

12gb of ram is nuts.  We'll see how well a 1800 dollar phone sells.

the marketing dep is sure to fire up some dank ads for the eggheads to go head over heels to get this those that cant afford it. dat cursed apple trend , it's bleeding into this .

Details separate people.

And here's me hoping the Note 10 will be "good" value so i could sell my Note 9 and upgrade to the new tech. With that £1400 price point my hopes just got deleted.

Press F.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

14 minutes ago, Noctus said:

And here's me hoping the Note 10 will be "good" value so i could sell my Note 9 and upgrade to the new tech. With that £1400 price point my hopes just got deleted.

Press F.

F

This isn't looking too appealing over my current S9 to be honest. Although 12 GB of Ram ? maybe it's time to sell a kidney.

Pricing... Kill me now.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Well RIP my wallet good grief I got my s9+ for less than $250 there is no way I'm paying that kind of money. I literally get a new phone every year because I love Samsung phones and usually you can get great deals on them. Looks like this is the first year I won't be upgrading to the new flagship device. The phone looks good and no notch and in screen fingerprint reader is great but that price is absolutely insane. I don't understand who thinks we want to pay almost 2k for a phone. Ok phone pricing rant over the specs on the phone (or should I say tablet with that possible 6.7 in screen) look insane I mean 12GB of ram is almost as much as my gaming computer.

well i got a S9+ so i dont see the need to adopt S10+ just yet maybe S12+ will be that phone i gots to have

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

I've been planning on upgrading my Galaxy S7 to the Galaxy S10 for a while now, but the more I see and hear about it the less excited I get.

I don't like notches, and the "cutout" camera doesn't fix the issues I got. The issues I got are that current apps may need to be redesigned, and that in some cases the notch covers content. It also makes the screen asymmetrical which drives my OCD nuts.

I feel bad for app developers who will need to design their fullscreen apps with a bunch of different notch/camera placements in mind. Might as well just kill of fullscreen completely because it will be so impractical.

Also, if they just do the camera like that, will they be able to fit in a notification LED? Not sure if the A8s has it.

I've been hitting them odd Galaxies since launch.  Let's hope the S11+ price falls down a bit.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Ruined. 

I really hoped they'd go for full display. Anniversary device even. The regular flat display model which I like still doesn't have a proper full display. Ugh. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

4 hours ago, Dezz said:

This looks more like a notch moved to the side, there's display only to the left and down of the cameras.

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

I can't wait for people who defend the notch to say how this design is stupid. Based on everyone's argument for the notch this implementation is the best because it gives the most mount of screen realistate. 

2 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

if that leaked image is true , the dual front camera is only on the s10 plus with the front notch, which is set to be a flat screen surface. there is still hope.

The "notch" by moving the screen down and putting a second screen next to the front camera, has been a thing for a few years now from LG. I have an LG V20 (and they first did this on the V10) where it has this exact 'notch' (although the S10 has it on the right corner instead of left) to fit the camera and sensors on the front. It works great for what it is and I actually prefer having my notifications out of the way on that second screen (doesn't show this in the pic). Plus very handy for quickly opening the flashlight or switching audio tracks without having to unlock the phone or even turn the screen on. So good on samsung for using this design instead of cutting into the actual screen.

lg-v20-head-.jpg.5922ff793c1dba54d8c25f9544074ad3.jpg

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x