Case Fans slow down or stop

SirFriendly2525
Go to solution Solved by meenmeen1103,

If all three exhibit the same problem at once, then it's not the fans themselves. Sounds like a control module issue. If re-seating all connections to the control box doesn't fix it, probably no easy fix for it.

I  have a Thermaltake view 71 TG and the 3 Thermaltake fans that came with the case have stopped working properly. 

They will slow down or stop and the RGB feature no longer lights up on start up. I have to manually start the fans and the RGB but they will only run for about five minutes. 

Thank you for any advice other than buy new ones (i have already looked into getting more, just hoping i can fix these)

2 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Clean them, increase the minimum PWM or DC sent to them. 

They are only 2 months old and i keep it all clean( i like to think so). they work randomly but how would i go about changing the PWM or DC to them? 

If all three exhibit the same problem at once, then it's not the fans themselves. Sounds like a control module issue. If re-seating all connections to the control box doesn't fix it, probably no easy fix for it.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

3 minutes ago, SirFriendly2525 said:

They are only 2 months old and i keep it all clean( i like to think so). they work randomly but how would i go about changing the PWM or DC to them? 

Either do it in the bios or do it in your fan control software. Most likely it's in the software that got installed with your motherboard, or it's in the bios under fan control. 

5 minutes ago, meenmeen1103 said:

Ill test resetting them ( i don't know why i haven't thought of that yet)

Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Either do it in the bios or do it in your fan control software. Most likely it's in the software that got installed with your motherboard, or it's in the bios under fan control. 

Thanks, i'm going to look into that after i try resetting the connections. 

3 hours ago, SirFriendly2525 said:

Thanks, i'm going to look into that after i try resetting the connections. 

First test which part has issues. If it turns out to be fans, you can RMA them. Same with any part that is still under warranty.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv