things most people do but you don't?

aezakmi
1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I've actually never been to a Starbucks either. I usually end up choosing Panera over them.

One thing I tend not to do is listen to popular music. I just don't find it good.

Same here, except I've been to a Starbucks twice. I've got to be honest it was disgusting both times. 

I write with my shirt sleeve over as much of my hand as possible because I absolutely hate the feeling of paper and cardboard. It makes my skin crawl..

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Panera

is that a coffee shop?

haha in spanish that's a type of basket to carry bread

2557_1.jpg

sorry for the huge picture I can't resize them anymore idk why.

6 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Same here, except I've been to a Starbucks twice. I've got to be honest it was disgusting both times. 

I've seen one once at a large city but also saw the prices and kept walking, not to mention the weird names things have there, the F... is a mochachino? anyway if I want some coffee I just make it at my place, you know the plain classic type of coffee

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just now, aezakmi said:

is that a coffee shop?

Bakery. They sell bread, desserts, and fast food that's not the usual fast food stuff but is still pretty good.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

I've seen one once at a large city but also saw the prices and kept walking, not to mention the weird names things have there, the F... is a mochachino? anyway if I want some coffee I just make it at my place, you know the plain classic type of coffee

Same here. It usually tastes better if I make it myself too. 

Starbucks costs so much I could get a bus back to my house, make a coffee there and then get a bus back to the Starbucks for about the same price (although to be fair public transport is fairly cheap where i live). 

On 12/15/2018 at 5:11 AM, RorzNZ said:

Everyone should use the handbrake for parking, its what its there for. I don't understand why people wouldn't use it.

Wait, some people don't use their handbrake for parking??

5 minutes ago, CaptainGunny said:

Apparently not. IDK maybe they think it’s only for turning when you’re 17

7 minutes ago, CaptainGunny said:

A lot of people I know don't. Unless they're on a steep hill they see no point in using a handbrake. Tbh, I agree with them.

24 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

is that a coffee shop?

2557_1.jpg

sorry for the huge picture I can't resize them anymore idk why.

A mocha is a hot chocolate with coffee. A flat white is expressing with milk, a long black is just coffee with water, espresso is a coffee shot. Frappachinos are not coffee but more like milkshakes. A cappachino is two expresso shots and milk. 

4 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

A mocha is a hot chocolate with coffee. A flat white is expressing with milk, a long black is just coffee with water, espresso is a coffee shot. Frappachinos are not coffee but more like milkshakes. A cappachino is two expresso shots and milk. 

What the? I guess that's why whenever I drink starbucks coffee it always tastes diluted and watery. I've never been a Starbucks guy tho, Costa ftw lol

6 minutes ago, 1kv said:

What the? I guess that's why whenever I drink starbucks coffee it always tastes diluted and watery. I've never been a Starbucks guy tho, Costa ftw lol

If ur in the UK it’s Cafe Nero that’s my sugar daddy

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

If ur in the UK it’s Cafe Nero that’s my sugar daddy

Never tried it but there's one near me. Might as well try it eventually.

37 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Same here. It usually tastes better if I make it myself too.

I've almost only ever had coffee made by myself.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

I've almost only ever had coffee made by myself.

I can buy a whole jar of Nescafe for like £2 so it's waaaaaay cheaper in the long run to make my own coffee.

Plus I have one of those reusable rubber coffee cups so I can slap a drink into and take it out and about.

Unless I have no other choice, I always go for coffee made at home.

2 minutes ago, 1kv said:

I can buy a whole jar of Nescafe for like £2 so it's waaaaaay cheaper in the long run to make my own coffee.

Plus I have one of those reusable rubber coffee cups so I can slap a drink into and take it out and about.

I use an AeroPress to make all my coffee, that usually works pretty well.

All I need is a mug, hot water, and coffee grounds. Tastes pretty good, too.

On 12/13/2018 at 11:08 PM, Infiltrator said:

Small cases and form factors seem to be the thing today but not for me. 

Maxi tower all the way.

This, combined with Fractal and fractal style cases for me.

So sick of that styling and company. They're like the Ford Mustang of "custom" cases. Unimaginative, plain, boring, COMMON.

Spit in any direction and you'll hit 5 "custom" PC builds using those cases.

Love my Caselabs SMA8 Magnum. Only regret is I cannot find anyone with fan-mount drive cages and drive sleds. Could hold SO MANY drives with those.

Goddamn you Caselabs, COME BACK.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

17 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Never tried it but there's one near me. Might as well try it eventually.

If you get the Belgian got chocolate comes with chocolate sprinkles very fine as a dime 

49 minutes ago, CaptainGunny said:

BMW owners don't use it

like turn signals

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

46 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Oh I have a full barista machine. I called it Kevin 

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

Oh I have a full barista machine. I called it Kevin 

I have one of those Tassimo machines sat in the kitchen. I haven't used it since like 2015.

wet my toothbrush before brushing. i go in DRY

ok sorry for the sex joke i'll leave now.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Apparently not. IDK maybe they think it’s only for turning when you’re 17

i'm gonna disappoint the gearhead community by saying i don't even use my handbrake. i think my parking pawl (or 1st gear for stick) is enough to keep it.

1 hour ago, 1kv said:

what size you talking about? if it's the giant jars, then holy shit that's cheap, bc those run about 7 dollars here. if you're talking about maybe the smaller ones, then that sounds reasonable.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

53 minutes ago, terrytek said:

what size you talking about? if it's the giant jars, then holy shit that's cheap, bc those run about 7 dollars here. if you're talking about maybe the smaller ones, then that sounds reasonable.

It's the smaller jars. You can only get that sort of price at the 'dollar stores' or 'pound shops' as we call them here. Usually the packaging has like spanish or portugese writing on it because it's cheap to import (that's how they price it so low).

If you're talking about the 300g/10oz jars it's like £4.50 in the main stores. Pricing for food and drink here is insane unless you go to one of those pound shops I mentioned earlier and pick up some cheap import of the brand or the store's own brand.

15 hours ago, 1kv said:

A lot of people I know don't. Unless they're on a steep hill they see no point in using a handbrake. Tbh, I agree with them.

On a flat road/lot, you don't strictly need to use the parking brake.

The main reason to use it, is because the "Park" setting in an automatic car is basically just a little pin that holds the gear in place. It's not strong at all, so on a hill it can easily snap from the weight of your car.

However, even without a hill, they can still break when people are rough or too fast going into park or take their foot off of the brake pedal too quickly (Eg: They stop the car, and throw it into park, but the car is still "swaying" with momentum) - this is very common. It just adds unnecessary wear.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It's easier if I can flip the question around to "things you do that most people don't"

• I used to pot cook rice before I bought a rice cooker. This was seen as weird even to my Asian friends. I only bought the rice cooker because laziness.
  • In my car, I constantly adjust things like the wiper speed if in use or the temperature of the climate control.
  • While driving on high-speed roads, I'll get out of the way if I see someone approaching fast (yes, this is a rare thing in America apparently)
  • I use a reusable Keurig cup (apparently people at work don't). While I like to think I'm helping the environment, it's mostly because it's cheaper in the long run.
  • I don't listen to streamed music. I also don't stream stuff if I'm on my cell phone's data.
  • To that end, I still carry around a portable music player (or DAP or whatever the hell people want to call it these days)

EDIT: Two more to add

• I know how to properly wrap up cables. Yes, there is a proper way to wrap up cables.
  • I've set the side mirrors in my car to look at my blind spots, so I no longer have to look over my shoulder like I was taught. I also believe this is the proper way to set the side mirrors on a car.

21 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It's easier if I can flip the question around to "things you do that most people don't"

• I used to pot cook rice before I bought a rice cooker. This was seen as weird even to my Asian friends. I only bought the rice cooker because laziness.

I bought a Black and Decker rice cooker. Use it all the time. I love it, and it's easy to clean. Bonus points, it came with a neat little rice scoop.

• In my car, I constantly adjust things like the wiper speed if in use or the temperature of the climate control.

I would ask why you constantly adjust them. If you're doing it because, eg: the temperature has changed and you need to make things comfortable again, or the rain is heavier so you need to turn your wipers up - that's not weird.

• While driving on high-speed roads, I'll get out of the way if I see someone approaching fast (yes, this is a rare thing in America apparently)

More people should do this. Ideally, the left lane should be used for passing only (Mind you, this is not law in every province or state - but it's still common sense). If someone has to pass on the right, you're driving too slow and causing a danger.

Note: This is for right hand roads. UK, etc, flip and the same things apply.

• I use a reusable Keurig cup (apparently people at work don't). While I like to think I'm helping the environment, it's mostly because it's cheaper in the long run.
  • I don't listen to streamed music. I also don't stream stuff if I'm on my cell phone's data.

I don't listen to streamed music either, though this is mostly out of habit. I have a large collection of digital music (MP3's/AAC, FLAC/ALAC, etc), so I have no need to stream music. I have a large data plan (6GB) though so I may eventually get into this.

• To that end, I still carry around a portable music player (or DAP or whatever the hell people want to call it these days)

I do too - my smartphone ;) But I assume you mean a purpose built portable music player.

EDIT: Two more to add

• I know how to properly wrap up cables. Yes, there is a proper way to wrap up cables.
  • I've set the side mirrors in my car to look at my blind spots, so I no longer have to look over my shoulder like I was taught. I also believe this is the proper way to set the side mirrors on a car.

The problem with doing this is it can limit your vision on other angles - so it's not necessarily "better" to do this.

If you don't want to look over your shoulders, you should install little convex blindspot mirrors onto your side mirrors (They're an inch or two in diameter and just stick on with adhesive). That way you're not trading one area of visibility for another.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)