Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Air flow plan with 320mm radiator at front.

TimidMage66
 Share

I've been thinking of a 360mm radiator put at the front of a PC, later after building the initial thing. Problem is, however, that it muck up my cooling plan.

In order to effectively push through air through a radiator, I would need fans that have sufficient air pressure, ideally static fans. However, since they produce less airflow (I think), and the exhaust is going to be less obstructed, I think it will create negative air pressure. If you saw Linus's video on it, it doesn't seem good.

How do I create a balanced air pressure with a 360mm radiator at the front? Do I need to invest in a fan controller (or does the MSI BIOS already have that)? How about only a 120mm fan and 140mm fan exhaust? Do I need to use the same fans, or can I use different fans for the exhaust? Do I have all my fans designed for balance between pressure and airflow?

(if you suggest fans, could they be RGB, please? Thanks)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i think just moving the speed of the fans you are going to be ok, but you really want to equilibrate the pressure i think you should just get a 240mm from the upper place of the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IsraChido said:

Well, i think just moving the speed of the fans you are going to be ok, but you really want to equilibrate the pressure i think you should just get a 240mm from the upper place of the case.

And put a fan at the bottom of the 240mm to create more airflow?

What sort of setting do you recommend for fan speed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i really don't care a lot for negative/positive pressures but for me the temps went down and worked a lot changing the stock cooler for a aftermarket one, and filling the pc with fans and the GPU moving those fan curves with GPU tweak from Asus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TimidMage66 said:

And put a fan at the bottom of the 240mm to create more airflow?

What sort of setting do you recommend for fan speed?

Also, i don't know if you are talking about your future build or actually your PC case can have a bottom fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, IsraChido said:

Also, i don't know if you are talking about your future build or actually your PC case can have a bottom fan.

I'm talking about having a future build, with my old psu, GPU (Founders Edition 1080 from EVGA) and ram (if I don't upgrade the ram). The cases I'm thinking about will either be the Meshify C or the Crystal 450x.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TimidMage66 said:

I'm talking about having a future build, with my old psu, GPU (Founders Edition 1080 from EVGA) and ram (if I don't upgrade the ram). The cases I'm thinking about will either be the Meshify C or the Crystal 450x.

Ok, but you should just filling those fan places, and try to avoid the heat from that gpu, i think that 1080 being a founders edition is a problem, so you should better placing a 240mm up radiator, and some turbines at the front lol (but seriously try to avoid the heat from that gpu, or at least move the fan curve from that gpu).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, IsraChido said:

Ok, but you should just filling those fan places, and try to avoid the heat from that gpu, i think that 1080 being a founders edition is a problem, so you should better placing a 240mm up radiator, and some turbines at the front lol (but seriously try to avoid the heat from that gpu, or at least move the fan curve from that gpu).

A top mount could also help with airflow, since it'll be exhaust rather than intake. Would there be any disadvantages to top mount? Also, what about 280mm?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TimidMage66 said:

A top mount could also help with airflow, since it'll be exhaust rather than intake. Would there be any disadvantages to top mount?

Well i have a air cooler, so i don't really know, but i think there aren't disadvantages, also i saw a video with different mounting locations and all where the same.

But for me i prefer a lot a 240mm (but a good one) more than a 360mm just because i want to keep my gpu cooled, and place some good intake fans in the front. 

At least for me that is actually my best choice, because i'm not going to do OC or a lot of it :P

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×