How do you check if a graphics card is faulty

Carz728

I have a vega 56 and am starting to wonder if the graphics card is faulty.  It cant even run games like fortnite and thief simulator without constant fps drops and stutters.  Is there a way I can check what is causing this problem.

What are the rest of your specs?

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

2 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

What are the rest of your specs?

i5 8400 8gb of ram 1tb of stoarge

Have you installed the latest drivers like  @nerdslayer1 mentioned? 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

1 minute ago, lmeneses said:

Yep I have the newest driver

10 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

latest drivers? 

temps? 

other specs of system? 

3d mark is a good test 

I tried 3d mark and it said everything was running fine.

8 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

I bought a used vega 56 and it had been the bios had been upgraded to a vega 64 could this be causing an issue

11 minutes ago, Carz728 said:

I bought a used vega 56 and it had been the bios had been upgraded to a vega 64 could this be causing an issue

It is a good possibility. So, it displayed it as a vega 64 when you inserted it into your mobo?

4 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

It is a good possibility. So, it displayed it as a vega 64 when you inserted it into your mobo?

Yep.  Are consistent fps drops normal in pc gaming

Just now, Carz728 said:

Yep.  Are consistent fps drops normal in pc gaming

Well, how big are the drops? And do they occur randomly or during pretty graphically intense scenes like explosions and such?

Well, how big are the drops? And do they occur randomly or during pretty graphically intense scenes like explosions and such?

In games like fortnite they just occur all the time sometimes they are only to 50 but sometimes down to 20.  However I can run rainbow six siege with almost no stutters

3 minutes ago, Carz728 said:

In games like fortnite they just occur all the time sometimes they are only to 50 but sometimes down to 20.  However I can run rainbow six siege with almost no stutters

Hmm, yea I would see how to change what the gpu is displayed as and see if that does anything

Hmm, yea I would see how to change what the gpu is displayed as and see if that does anything

Done some research and seems like the change is permanent.

2 minutes ago, Carz728 said:

Done some research and seems like the change is permanent.

If you still can, I would return it or get your money back, but there may be something I'm missing