After 5 years of early access, DayZ is finally leaving early access on December 13th on PC

AlTech

DayZ's development blog reports that after 5 years of development in early access, DayZ is finally leaving early access on December 13th on PC.

Hello Survivors,

let's get straight to the point: It is time. DayZ is going to leave Early Access with a PC 1.0 update on December 13th, after almost exactly 5 years in open development!

Everyone on our team has been working hard and will continue for this remaining week to deliver the best launch version we can. 

Backed by the underlying engine changes introduced with the BETA, the 1.0 launch should feel like a fresh new start for anyone who has not played DayZ for some time

Definitely some interesting news and I know some people will be thrilled by this.

I hope the game hasn't suffered too much in terms of branding and image after being in early access for so long. Let alone the lost hype and the first impressions it made.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

geez, finally.
But what did it cost ?

Spoiler

Everything that's what

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

6 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

geez, finally.
But what did it cost ?

I think a lot of their initial playerbase quit the game and most people playing the 1.0 version will be players who've never experienced the game.

iirc their previous engine was really holding them back and after they changed engine they were able to make a whole load of changes a lot more quickly. 

Don't quote me on this but I think the new engine they're using is either Unreal or CryEngine.

Edit: Nope, the new game engine is their own proprietary engine.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

I think a lot of their initial playerbase quit the game and most people playing the 1.0 version will be players who've never experienced the game.

iirc their previous engine was really holding them back and after they changed engine they were able to make a whole load of changes a lot more quickly. 

Don't quote me on this but I think the new engine they're using is either Unreal or CryEngine.

I mean, do you remember the alpha's launch ?
it was terrible !

Almost as bad as No Man's Sky !

and tbh, all of the hype about survival-type games faided away 1-2 years ago. they're very late on this one.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Here is a screenshot of the current numbers from Dayz's Steam player chart. 

998155408_DayzSteamChart.JPG.15e0abf69272bba498ec5b68ba496dc3.JPG

Looks like Dayz player has skyrocketed in November. No idea how long these numbers will last but if Dayz is just now leaving early access in December then I'm assuming most of the players online now are the vets so we may still see higher numbers to come but who knows.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

Edit: Nope, the new game engine is their own proprietary engine.

They didn't really change engine, they took the existing Bohemia engine used in ARMA and rebuilt it piece by piece to better suit the needs of DayZ. Kind of like what Valve did with the Source engine when it went from HL2 to the Orange Box, same engine, new iteration.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Wait, DayZ is still a thing?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

DayZ's development blog reports that after 5 years of development in early access, DayZ is finally leaving early access on December 13th on PC.

Early access to what?

What is DayZ?

Survivors of what exactly?

Zombie games were never my thing.

dayz was so great as a arma 2 mod.. they should of just left it at that tho

its like one of those games you play a while. then just quit.. and never really feel like picking up again

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

What is considered the normal "years" for a game to be early access?

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

4 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Wait, DayZ is still a thing?

I honestly forgot as well. I think I remember hearing about it when it initially launched, but just forgot about it existing.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

DayZ gets released on Day Z, as in the last day it could possibly be released without losing literally everyone.

Ya can't take this long to release a game like this, bub!  This isn't 2005, Bohemia isn't Blizzard or some sh*t, and DayZ isn't Subnautica!

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

9 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Early access to what?

Early access refers to when games are published on Steam before they are officially released and are still in development.

The developers usually take this time to make changes and refine things to make the game better.

Some games come out after a little bit of time in early access and are officially released. Others stay in early access for several years.

PUBG for example was in early access until late 2017.

What is DayZ?

It's a zombie survival type of game somewhat similar to Rust and a bit similar to Unturned.

I believe it's part of the lore or something.

11 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Early access to what?

What is DayZ?

Zombie games were never my thing.

You technically spawn in a nowhere zone. Thirsty and hungry. You have 50% chance of dying dehydrated or from hunger before starting to do anything useful. If you manage to find food and drinks then you have about 20% chance to encounter another player that prefer killing other player for fun than zombies.

And your best friends are a can opener and canned peaches.

@AluminiumTech judging by those quotes it seems to me that the Devs have essentially said "well this is it, our jobs done. Enjoy the shell of a game...". Aside from PUBG Corp, Bohemia Interactive would have to be the unskilled and laziest Developers in the industry. Forget about the time frame of DayZ development for a second and just look at the idiotic decisions these guys went made.

They had a perfect blue-print, DayZ Mod. So they start to develop on the same old Legacy engine, somehow believing that miraculously the engine would perform better, nope it doesn't. So they make a new one but that is a flop as well. They finally nailed it on the 3rd go, I'm so glad I'm not paying their wages.

Now they've released this "v1.0" that is still as poorly performing, lacking in even the most BASIC of content and somehow they call that an "achievement"...like, what planet am I on??? It's obvious these guys just pushed this to v1.0 to get it off their hands, despite that whole "we plan on future development", they know that the modders will take over the development and making DayZSA what it should have been. So as far as Bohemia Interactive is concerned their job is complete.

Over $150Million dollars and this is the game they have to show for it, it's insane isn't it.

On 12/12/2018 at 3:39 PM, givingtnt said:

geez, finally.
But what did it cost ?

At the highest end of the spectrum they have racked in $150Million. Not much to show for that amount of revenue......

I hope they can optimize Arma 3 now.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

It needs a Battle Royal mode then it's litt  ? 

/s

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

5 hours ago, williamcll said:

I hope they can optimize Arma 3 now.

They can't even be bothered to add a proper jumping system for their "military-style" simulator. I wouldn't get my hopes up. 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you