new phone (~400 euros budget)

LukeSavenije

The Mi 8 is a great value, performance and photo quality. The Mi Mix 2s is great too but the front camera is sh*tty, but has a unique style compared to the Mi 8 which has a big notch, also it has MIUI which you should like, it's personal tbh.

For Huaweis I got issues personally and I would never recommend them... The software and hardware isn't that great tho, the camera has too many filters that makes photos unrealistic

The pocophone has a great value like the Mi 8 but it's made with worse materials, and the camera while is the same as the Mi 8 has software tricks which makes it look worse.

1 hour ago, cluelessgenius said:

pricing is listed in the op, based on that you keep it the same?

2 minutes ago, Lukyp said:

The Mi 8 is a great value, performance and photo quality. The Mi Mix 2s is great too but the front camera is sh*tty, but has a unique style compared to the Mi 8 which has a big notch, also it has MIUI which you should like, it's personal tbh.

For Huaweis I got issues personally and I would never recommend them... The software and hardware isn't that great tho, the camera has too many filters that makes photos unrealistic

The pocophone has a great value like the Mi 8 but it's made with worse materials, and the camera while is the same as the Mi 8 has software tricks which makes it look worse.

Yeah, I watched Linus's video, so i kinda had an idea of the camera, and my dad has one. I have no problem with miui, as I've been using it for 2 days without problems, and had no problem with Huawei's EMUI, and as far as I know they aren't that different, right?

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

pricing is listed in the op, based on that you keep it the same?

well what would the v30 cost you?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Just now, cluelessgenius said:

well what would the v30 cost you?

394 for the 64 gigs model

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

394 for the 64 gigs model

hmm id say go for mi 8 but i dont know how good their reputation is when it comes to cracking screens. or how good their customer service is if it does happen.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Just now, cluelessgenius said:

hmm id say go for mi 8 but i dont know how good their reputation is when it comes to cracking screens. or how good their customer service is if it does happen.

well, at least they include a type-c to 3,5 and a protective cover in the box (APPLE

I kinda think I made my choise...

25 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Yeah, I watched Linus's video, so i kinda had an idea of the camera, and my dad has one. I have no problem with miui, as I've been using it for 2 days without problems, and had no problem with Huawei's EMUI, and as far as I know they aren't that different, right?

I went for the Honor 10 which has EMUI, and excluding the camera app, I had issues with multitasking where the button was like false-pressed two times even if I did it once, contacted huawei and suggested for a replacement but that happened as well with the second phone, then I decided to return it and now I have a oneplus 6

2 minutes ago, Lukyp said:

I went for the Honor 10 which has EMUI, and excluding the camera app, I had issues with multitasking where the button was like false-pressed two times even if I did it once, contacted huawei and suggested for a replacement but that happened as well with the second phone, then I decided to return it and now I have a oneplus 6

fair enough. I have a half-dead antenna on my p8 lite. that's why I'm replacing it. But exept for that it's been a great phone for me. and I hope the next one too.

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

fair enough. I have a half-dead antenna on my p8 lite. that's why I'm replacing it. But exept for that it's been a great phone for me. and I hope the next one too.

Still the EMUI version is a bit different though 

7 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

@Lukyp @cluelessgenius @Wh0_Am_1 @GoldenLag @Idkwhat2putheresowhatever @MagnumOpus @Darkseth thank you all for your help and time. I just ordered the mi 8 (128 gigs, white) and I'll see if I like it or not. For now, I have to wait a whole day...

Good Choice mate. Mi 8 is a good phone. Except just install an ad-blocker like Blokada on your phone as you get it.