Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bypass ip lock in university wifi?

Allptraum1989

So my university offers free wifi for everyone (not as straight forward as you might think. You need to connect to a proxy first, then figure out the login credentials etc...) 

Anyways... They fkin block whatsapps traffic. So my whatsapp is straightout offline as long as i'm near the campus. How can i bypass that? I have an android phone and a hotspot (from wifi) capable windows 10 laptop. Means, it can act as a vpn itself. 

Until now i have only tried things on my phone:

-using some sketchy vpn server from the internet 

-using vpn software like nordvpn, tunnelbear, hide.me, vpn.ac... None of them could even connect to their own service. 

I've tried a variety of ports (both udp and tcp). It did not even work in stealth mode.

-using tor. Tor could establish a tor normal connection but was not able to load any sites and in vpn mode it did not even get past the setup process because it couldn't connect.

All of these services work in my home wifi tho. 

Please help, i don't know anything other i can try. 

University or high school? 

I can't see a University doing this to their students

Send in a formal complaint

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Asking for help to bypass network security is not allowed. If you need access to an internet service you need to contact the service desk and request access and explain why you actually need it.