handbrake compress then uploading to youtube

mockedarche
Go to solution Solved by PlayStation 2,
3 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

@handymanshandleIf I compress it down though wouldn't I save more detail if I used a slow encoder preset? Then when youtube compresses it there won't be as much quality loss?

No, not really; you're still recompressing an already compressed video and YouTube will recompress that video anyway.

If I was to edit a video in premiere with a higher than youtube bitrate and then proceeded to compress the file with handbrake to youtubes bitrates (for say 1440p) and then uploaded the file would it look better then just uploading the file.

@handymanshandleIf I compress it down though wouldn't I save more detail if I used a slow encoder preset? Then when youtube compresses it there won't be as much quality loss?

3 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

No, not really; you're still recompressing an already compressed video and YouTube will recompress that video anyway.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Youtube is using VP9 codec. Anyone tried what happens if you encode it as VP9 from the get go at normal settings and not something ridicuously high? Would it still re-encode it?