cpu+motherboard choices

The 2700x is now on sale for $270 via Google Express with a code, and $290 on amazon, which is a really compelling deal for me, especially since I can give the 2700x stock cooler to my brother as his present for his 2600x to spice up his build a little. I initially wanted to do Intel because I might be able to get a discount via family friends who work at Intel, but as I collect video clips from CSGO I want to try out editing and light streaming for when my friends want to watch me do solo runs in Terraria which I know a 2700x will be good for compared to a 9/8600k. Between the Strix-F and the Taichi, which would be a better choice? They're both around what I'm willing to pay.

Or should I switch back to Intel? The only thing about both of these motherboards is that they don't have enough fan headers for me... I need 5 and it looks like they have 3. If anyone can prove me wrong on that, that would be great. Also, if there's a better choice for OC'ing and fan support (and all around quality+experience), can someone point me to that please? Thanks in advance.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

just buy fan splitters. Honestly, the 9600k performs about the same as the 2700x in all games, but the 2700x, if you plan on doing work related stuff with it, is the better option then. If all you play is first person competitive shooters, I would get the 9600k. As for the mobo, both of them or good, but I think the Taichi is better

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

31 minutes ago, mxk. said:

The 2700x is now on sale for $270 via Google Express with a code, and $290 on amazon, which is a really compelling deal for me, especially since I can give the 2700x stock cooler to my brother as his present for his 2600x to spice up his build a little. I initially wanted to do Intel because I might be able to get a discount via family friends who work at Intel, but as I collect video clips from CSGO I want to try out editing and light streaming for when my friends want to watch me do solo runs in Terraria which I know a 2700x will be good for compared to a 9/8600k. Between the Strix-F and the Taichi, which would be a better choice? They're both around what I'm willing to pay.

Or should I switch back to Intel? The only thing about both of these motherboards is that they don't have enough fan headers for me... I need 5 and it looks like they have 3. If anyone can prove me wrong on that, that would be great. Also, if there's a better choice for OC'ing and fan support (and all around quality+experience), can someone point me to that please? Thanks in advance.

As far as I'm aware the Taichi is a little less bling for a little more OC perf. my opinion is 2600 for AMD then see what happens for 3rd gen.for most people unless you are really streaming and need threads then go 8 core. None of intels offering appeal to me except for the 9900k/9700k/8700k for the enthusiast. Basically if you haven't gone full tilt on the GPU you're better off spending cash on the GPU before you spend an addition $200 on going from the 2600 to the Intel offerings. I see you already have a 1070 Ti and you want to stream/record so yeah 2700X IMO. no point spending another $100 to go 8700k. 

Dont get 2400MHz.... Ryzen needs the speed go at least 3000 or 3200 if price difference is negligible and also keep an eye on timings. You can deep dive this on gamers nexus but I'd try to get something around CAS 16 

50 minutes ago, Swes said:

As far as I'm aware the Taichi is a little less bling for a little more OC perf. my opinion is 2600 for AMD then see what happens for 3rd gen.for most people unless you are really streaming and need threads then go 8 core. None of intels offering appeal to me except for the 9900k/9700k/8700k for the enthusiast. Basically if you haven't gone full tilt on the GPU you're better off spending cash on the GPU before you spend an addition $200 on going from the 2600 to the Intel offerings. I see you already have a 1070 Ti and you want to stream/record so yeah 2700X IMO. no point spending another $100 to go 8700k. 

Dont get 2400MHz.... Ryzen needs the speed go at least 3000 or 3200 if price difference is negligible and also keep an eye on timings. You can deep dive this on gamers nexus but I'd try to get something around CAS 16 

I know about ram. I have a 1070Ti

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu