Black screen display from time to time

Leo Qi Xiang

Hi, so i just built my desktop yesterday and when i tried using it to play COD4 it blacked out for like 3 sec and turned back on like nothing happened. I tried to reinstall my graphic drivers, DDU unplug and replugged but i still can't figure out what happened. I am currently using a displayport. FYI: i was connected to my laptop with a HDMI cable before this and it had black screens from time to time so i thought my cable had problem but it was not as bad as this where it would black out every 5mins or so. Is there anyway i can find out what is wrong? I'm sure the cables are not loose and hardware wise seems good unless i missed something out? I am using an Acer KG271C and using an ASUS ROG STRIX 1070TI A8G. Thanks!

Could be corrupt drivers running or ones which are not to the latest revision. Otherwise, it is possible that there could be a fault on the hardware level of your computer system. When it goes to a black screen is there not display or is the display being sent all black, and do you get any error messages or notification when the system resumes from a black screen event? Also, make sure that you are using the most recent firmware on your BIOS to remove potential problems associated with the screen and to remove that variable to be of a potential cause.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

3 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Could be corrupt drivers running or ones which are not to the latest revision. Otherwise, it is possible that there could be a fault on the hardware level of your computer system. When it goes to a black screen is there not display or is the display being sent all black, and do you get any error messages or notification when the system resumes from a black screen event? Also, make sure that you are using the most recent firmware on your BIOS to remove potential problems associated with the screen and to remove that variable to be of a potential cause.

There isn't any error msgs it is more of like my screen just blacks out for a few seconds and comes back on,something like when you change between 2 monitors. I do not think it is my gpu issue since this also kind of happened when i was using my laptop just that it frequent more when i switch over to my new pc. I haven't tried updating my bios because i heard there has been alot of stability issues with msi x370 gaming pro carbon but i will flash it if the problems persist.

Replace the cable first. If it's still doing it, it could be software of even the monitor itself.

1 hour ago, Snifferdog3 said:

Replace the cable first. If it's still doing it, it could be software of even the monitor itself.

Alright i'll try it when i get home i used my monitor with my laptop through HDMI previously and it had this problem too but not so much so there might be a chance now that you mentioned it i just really hope its the cable and not the monitor or my gpu...

4 minutes ago, Leo Qi Xiang said:

Alright i'll try it when i get home i used my monitor with my laptop through HDMI previously and it had this problem too but not so much so there might be a chance now that you mentioned it i just really hope its the cable and not the monitor or my gpu...

Yeah hopefully. cables can do some strange stuff sometimes. I had a HDD in my PC that wouldn't work and would give a "Smart Bad" status on the post. turns out the HDD wasn't dead it was just the cable....

5 hours ago, Snifferdog3 said:

Yeah hopefully. cables can do some strange stuff sometimes. I had a HDD in my PC that wouldn't work and would give a "Smart Bad" status on the post. turns out the HDD wasn't dead it was just the cable....

I tried changing the cable, turning off freesync as im using nvidia gpu and the problem still persists...

46 minutes ago, Leo Qi Xiang said:

I tried changing the cable, turning off freesync as im using nvidia gpu and the problem still persists...

could be the monitor then, as it did it with your laptop. try reseting the monitor to default settings and using the recommended resoloution and refresh rate.