Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Using a prepaid phone on a monthly bill schedule

CastleCrusher

Go to solution Solved by NPDPdev,

In my experience, as long as the 2nd phone is NOT a prepaid phone, you are good.

You must also have the phone unlocked (if it isn't already), which isn't very hard.

If it is an older phone, you will also need to make sure that the phone is dual-band, or uses the same network type.

After AT&T absorbed Cricket Wireless, I believe they made Cricket transition from CDMA to GSM technology, like AT&T uses.

Your particular phone should be compatible.

If the transfer device was a prepaid phone at some point, It will likely have carrier unlocking restrictions (i.e. having to have it activated

for a period of time before it is eligible for unlocking). Other than that, it should work.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but if I bought a prepaid Cricket or At&t phone, and put in the Cricket sim card that I'm currently using, I'm assuming that the device doesn't have any special modifications to software other than carrier apps and boot animation, and it will react like any other phone not advertised as prepaid. Is my somewhat long statement correct? For the most part anyways. The phone I'm talking about is the Cricket Moto G6 Forge. 

Thanks.

In my experience, as long as the 2nd phone is NOT a prepaid phone, you are good.

You must also have the phone unlocked (if it isn't already), which isn't very hard.

If it is an older phone, you will also need to make sure that the phone is dual-band, or uses the same network type.

After AT&T absorbed Cricket Wireless, I believe they made Cricket transition from CDMA to GSM technology, like AT&T uses.

If the transfer device was a prepaid phone at some point, It will likely have carrier unlocking restrictions (i.e. having to have it activated

for a period of time before it is eligible for unlocking). Other than that, it should work.

4 minutes ago, NPDPdev said:

So I was correct. Just making sure, thanks. 

6 minutes ago, CastleCrusher said:

So I was correct. Just making sure, thanks. 

Yeah, no problem.