Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seeking advice and suggestions for my first build

Soonkwang

Hey guys,

As the title suggests, I'm building my first pc and looking for any advice or pointers. I'm in the US and looking to build a computer to get into gaming (I've been game deprived using a MacBook I bought back in 2009) and to do some data science work.

I've slowly started buying parts as they go on sales (psu, monitor, hard drives so far), but I've been having trouble pulling the trigger on the bigger purchases for parts where I don't know too much about (gpus, CPU, and ram mostly). For example, the 2700x is on sale for 289.99 atm, but I'm not sure if that's a good deal or if I even need a 2700x for my setup.

I'm trying to keep my total cost under 2k but I can be flexible if it's worth the cost. I'm mostly aiming for the best value for my money. Any advice is welcome!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RkT6dX

Do you mind using the PCPartpicker feature to list what parts you already purchased and at what price you purchased them for?

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

Parts I've bought already:

- ViewSonic XG2401 24 Inch 1080p 1ms 144 Hz Gaming Monitor (179.99)

- CORSAIR RMX Series, RM550x, 550 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified Power Supply (69.99)

- Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM) (72.99)

- Seagate BarraCuda Internal Hard Drive 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch (ST2000DM006) (54.99)