Please help me I don't know what is wrong with my Graphics Card

Leo Qi Xiang

Hi guys, I'm new to PC building and I just put together my first PC. Everything went great until I started to have random black screens followed by it turning back on like nothing happened. I tried to reinstall all my graphic drivers but it still is not working. Hardware wise looks okay so I'm really not sure what is going on. Is it i have a defective graphics card or am i doing something wrong? Please help me! Thanks youuu

My specs are as follows:

Ryzen 5 2600

Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 MHz ( Clocked to 2933Mhz with XMP Profile 2)

MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon

CoolerMaster Hyper EVO LED

Asus ROG STRIX 1070ti A8G

EVGA Supernova G3 750W

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Do you have the video in the bios set to PCI-e

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

I just checked there was an option in my Bios that said Resume for PCIE it was disabled before now i enabled it is that what you are talking about? Sorry kinda new to this and thank you so much!!!

Just now, Leo Qi Xiang said:

I just checked there was an option in my Bios that said Resume for PCIE it was disabled before now i enabled it is that what you are talking about? Sorry kinda new to this and thank you so much!!!

yeah, enable it before you take my step

6 minutes ago, Leo Qi Xiang said:

I tried to DDU but when i got to safe mode i couldn't open the device manager for some reason

You have to run the DDU.exe program, not open device manager.

Have you installed all drivers for your GPU and motherboard?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

6 minutes ago, Nocte said:

You have to run the DDU.exe program, not open device manager.

Have you installed all drivers for your GPU and motherboard?

What are the necessary drivers for the motherboard? Because there was some issues with MSI's X370 Gaming Pro Carbon Driver page so i didn't download any

Just now, Leo Qi Xiang said:

What are the necessary drivers for the motherboard? Because there was some issues with MSI's X370 Gaming Pro Carbon Driver page so i didn't download any

You NEED to download chipset drivers for your motherboard AT LEAST. If the page doesn't work download it from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x370

The others should be installed to to make all devices work as intended with Windows.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

21 minutes ago, Nocte said:

You NEED to download chipset drivers for your motherboard AT LEAST. If the page doesn't work download it from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x370

The others should be installed to to make all devices work as intended with Windows.

I just downloaded the chipset driver you linked me, played a game of Black Ops 4 and it ran well. Normally it would stop and have a fatal error message right after the game. No black screens so far either. I think it helped but i will continue to monitor! Thank you so much i really appreciate the help! May i know why these drivers have to be installed though? Even for laptops i bought in the past didn't require me to install these drivers.

24 minutes ago, Nocte said:

the other ones are nice too, but not required. the bios and the chipset drivers are most important. Also, download the gpu drivers from nvidia's website while you're at it

26 minutes ago, Nocte said:

Never mind the black screen came back again... Should i just run DDU? Or is there other alternatives? I already reformatted my PC once already