New Portable Content Creation Build

JazzaWil

1. Budget & Location

So my budget for this build is 1000 to 2000 AUD(Australian). If people could suggest builds at around 1000, 1500 and 2000 thatd be great but 2k is the maximum I want to spend

2. Aim

My aim for this build is programming for unity 3d. I would like this build to be able to do some vr work ideally. The programs I'd use on this would be unity 3d, visual studio, obs, unreal engine(but unity would be the main engine I use) and I would end up playing some games such as Destiny 2, the tomb raider line up, fallout new Vegas and fallout titles before this.

This pc would have to be able to fit in a back pack

3. Monitors

I'd be planning on running about 1-3 monitors on this system. Since its a portable rig itd be mainly for uni which already has 2 monitor setups(there systems have 7700, 1060 systems with 32gb of ram) but monitors should not be included in the price as they will be everywhere I bring the pc

4. Peripherals

I do not need to buy any peripherals(if I do I'll end up buying cheaper wireless peripherals as response times will not be a huge concern as it's not a serious gaming machine) 

5. Why are you upgrading?

The reason I want this build is a little impracticle. I simply want a portable pc with as much performance as possible 

Things I'd prefer in the build:

I would prefer to use the node 202 case for this build as it's a nice size and can easily fit in a back pack.

Here is a link to a list I've already tried to price out but if anyone has suggestions I'm open

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/RpVxjy

Excuse the picture if you need a list of prices happy to provide

15445366527058325671310293953302.jpg

That build won't work. You need to either get a dedicated graphics card or choose a CPU with an integrated gpu. 

Edit: Just realized the build in the picture is different than the link. The parts in the link should work out fine. 

Edited by Airdragonz

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

2 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

That build won't work. You need to either get a dedicated graphics card or choose a CPU with an integrated gpu. 

sorry i should of mentioned above im looking to get the gpu used as im thinking a 1070 or 1070ti and there about 700+ dollars new and used there around $450

Plus i'm not opposed to taking the 1080 strix from my current build and placing it in this one since my current has an IGPU

Edited by JazzaWil
more information

Just now, JazzaWil said:

sorry i should of mentioned above im looking to get the gpu used as im thinking a 1070 or 1070ti and there about 700+ dollars new and used there around $450

A 1070 or 1070ti will work out great. Just make sure it's shorter than 310mm so it fits inside the case. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

Just now, Airdragonz said:

A 1070 or 1070ti will work out great. Just make sure it's shorter than 310mm so it fits inside the case. 

do you reckon the build is sound?  or do you think theres parts that can be lowered down maybe R5 instead of R7 etc

Consider a decent notebook/laptop. They are purpose built for transport

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

10 minutes ago, brob said:

Consider a decent notebook/laptop. They are purpose built for transport

I have considered some but I don't believe they'd be as capable as what I want plus they end up costing more than this pc I have linked above. If you have any suggestions within the price range I'm more than happy to look over them