Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2TB Barracuda or P300

asus killer

I've heard genuinely good things about those Toshiba drives but I don't have any personal experience with their own designs myself. The last Toshiba disk I bought was still a rebranded Shitachi Deathstar, 5 years ago.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

I've heard genuinely good things about those Toshiba drives but I don't have any personal experience with their own designs myself. The last Toshiba disk I bought was still a rebranded Shitachi Deathstar, 5 years ago.

my problem exactly never owned any toshiba drives. they seem to have zero failures on that quarterly report but they also use a lot less drives so can't conclude nothing there

Seagate, but only because Seagate has a rep on this forum and Toshiba doesn't.

There's not a lot of difference in consumer HDDs these days, and they both have 2 year warranties, so if they're the same price just flip a coin. It's not like the old days where some would have really bad failure rates or you needed the one that had 3% better performance since you were using it as a boot drive.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

went to a physical store to get them (had to go there do something else and prices looked nice), the website said it was on inventory. Got there not even one 2TB hardrive for sale. For as much as we trash Amazon i should have just got it from them :(

17 hours ago, asus killer said:

For as much as we trash Amazon i should have just got it from them :(

Make sure you get a retail drive and not an OEM drive.  I got screwed once on amazon this way.  Never again.  I buy all my drives from the manufacture only.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I only had a Toshiba once and the problem was in the operating system, not in the unit. A good advice, in general, is to get the best unit you can find at a reasonable price, from a well-known company that can offer you experience and a good process of warranty in case you need to do an RMA.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming