Samsung has released A8s with Front Camera inside the screen

Furiku
5 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

So people who use the front camera are narcissist? 

Reading, one of very basic skills of communication...

I don't even need the front camera. I'm not one of those narcissists who need to take selfies all day long, day after day...

Does that sound like someone who maybe uses it once in a full moon? Then again, do you really need a piece of screen missing because you might take one selfie every few months (maybe) opposed to having full intact screen which you use 100% of the time you're handling a smartphone? I'd rather have a complete screen without dumb cutouts, holes or notches and flip the damn phone and make a selfie old style with a main camera if I so desperately needed one and only go with it when they manage to stick it under the screen where it can sit entirely unused without fucking up my screen view.

5 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

So people who use the front camera are narcissist? 

I don't even need the front camera. I'm not one of those narcissists who need to take selfies all day long, day after day...

Does that sound like someone who maybe uses it once in a full moon? Then again, do you really need a piece of screen missing because you might take one selfie every few months (maybe) opposed to having full intact screen which you use 100% of the time you're handling a smartphone? I'd rather have a complete screen without dumb cutouts, holes or notches and flip the damn phone and make a selfie old style with a main camera if I so desperately needed one and only go with it when they manage to stick it under the screen where it can sit entirely unused without fucking up my screen view.

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Ok well good for you but many other use the front camera a lot. On top of that "your wasted screen space" on most notches are in the status bar meaning it doesnt use up valuable screen estate. So go ahead, remove the notch and bring the status bar further down the screen so you have less screen. 

This decisions are not here to cater the needs of you and you alone. The fact that the majority of people use their front camera quite a lot means its going to stay on the front. 

1 hour ago, mynameisjuan said:

Ok well good for you but many other use the front camera a lot. On top of that "your wasted screen space" on most notches are in the status bar meaning it doesnt use up valuable screen estate. So go ahead, remove the notch and bring the status bar further down the screen so you have less screen. 

This decisions are not here to cater the needs of you and you alone. The fact that the majority of people use their front camera quite a lot means its going to stay on the front. 

What the hell are you talking about with the status bar? Do you think status bar is saving you space by being crammed next to a notch? Status bar goes away when you run full screen apps so it's entirely irrelevant how big it is. Because guess what, notch can't go away.

Just now, RejZoR said:

What the hell are you talking about with the status bar? Do you think status bar is saving you space by being crammed next to a notch? Status bar goes away when you run full screen apps so it's entirely irrelevant how big it is. Because guess what, notch can't go away.

Sure they go away if full screen apps but what apps other than games and video go full screen? Average people are not going fullscreen constantly and when in video its automagically shifting the video slightly. 

So sure, if you game non-stop and its getting in your way, but again, you are not the masses and the notch has little impact on actual screen real estate 

Opera and Firefox also go automatically full screen. So does HERE Maps. Basically everything that matters size wise goes to full screen automatically and you can drag status bar down by swiping over top edge...

7 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Opera and Firefox also go automatically full screen. So does HERE Maps. Basically everything that matters size wise goes to full screen automatically and you can drag status bar down by swiping over top edge...

No it doesnt. I just pulled up firefox (and I have fullscreen browsing enabled) and google maps and the notification bar is still in view. 

Unless you have a custom rom or launcher it will only go full screen in videos and games. 

2 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

No it doesnt. I just pulled up firefox (and I have fullscreen browsing enabled) and google maps and the notification bar is still in view. 

Unless you have a custom rom or launcher it will only go full screen in videos and games. 

Could be Firefox setting, Opera does default to full screen from which I always opt out. And I'm using HERE Maps, not Google Maps.

On 12/11/2018 at 6:18 AM, HomeBoi said:

Stop beeing such a silly baby, its not a big deal. They usually give an adapter or else most people already own wireless headphones..

Let's get rid of the screen, too. Phones are for calling, and occasionally music. It will make it more waterproof, and make the device shorter and thinner.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

On 12/11/2018 at 2:48 PM, Shorty88jr said:

It is a big deal especially to me I own hundreds of dollars worth of audiophile gear that I'm not replacing with Bluetooth stuff. They don't make high end audio with Bluetooth why because Bluetooth ruins audio quality. Even the best Bluetooth quality isn't close there is an audible difference. 

There are amps for such aaand high end has never really been supposed to be something you were able to drag along to any event in your life. But alas i might just be okay with too shitty sound i guess. Also the guy who freaked the shit out about apple not giving adapters n such, here in korway we got 2 adapters with iphone x where 1 was an regular adapter and a set of earbuds using the lightning connector. So you can listen to music right out of the box..