Samsung has released A8s with Front Camera inside the screen

Furiku

Samsung has released their new Galaxy A8s which has the camera embedded inside a hole on its screen on front side :)

Initially they're only releasing it in China.

It's curious to see what kind of applications we're going to see from other manufactorers in regards of the Front facing camera and getting rid of the notch. Punching hole in the screen seems quite radical, but definitely less noticeable in use than "The Notch" did.

As for the screen, it incorporates a camera hole that's 6.7mm wide for the selfie shooter in the upper left corner and it stretches to 6.4" in diagonal. The resolution is 1080 x 2340 pixels with a tall 19.5:9 aspect ratio. 

Sources:

https://www.samsungeshop.com.cn/activity/GalaxyA8s

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-46508054

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a8s_is_official_with_a_infinityo_display_and_snapdragon_710-news-34630.php

_104718285_03e653fe-4ab1-45b1-8841-ce9b15b2dd9d.jpg

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

BUT NO HEADPHONE JACK

NO HEADPHONE JACK
NO
HEADPHONE
JACK

and they just killed the device in my eyes.........

common Samsung, you had one thing special about you

I'm guessing the bottom bezel is still a bit larger than the top?  can't see it in any of the pics.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

since I bought jbl in ear headphones and bose qc35 I don't need headphone jack, future is here old man.

16 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

waiting for the Camera to be a "wheel" for the battery percentile or used as some type of clock.

its better than the notch, but i still dont like it. i would preffer top an bottom bezels to this any day.

Using it as a battery indicator would be neat, this is much better than the notch but no headphone jack kind of ruins it for me as well.

42 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

since I bought jbl in ear headphones and bose qc35 I don't need headphone jack, future is here old man.

yeah and i have a shure SRH 840

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

This is stupid. Nobody minds 3mm bezels, stop deforming the screen.

Also, no jack, no buy.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, VegetableStu said:

I want to see what the companies are seeing to compel them to disregard the headphone jack o_o like is it the waterproofing, or is it not many people listen to music on their devices, or WHAT IS IT MAN

probebly space, waterproofing sounds kinda weird...

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

there's the argument of the contact points on in the TRRS barrel shorting with any conductive liquids, or corroding over time and getting hard to clean, but yeah is not a compelling enough reason for me too o_o

agree. you could just do what they did on the older sony's (I thougt). they had some kind of a cover for the headphone jack

18 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

I want to see what the companies are seeing to compel them to disregard the headphone jack o_o like is it the waterproofing, or is it not many people listen to music on their devices, or WHAT IS IT MAN

They're trying to be Apple without understanding why people buy Apple in the first place, so they copy every idiotic design decision Apple makes.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

BUT NO HEADPHONE JACK

NO HEADPHONE JACK
NO
HEADPHONE
JACK

Stop beeing such a silly baby, its not a big deal. They usually give an adapter or else most people already own wireless headphones..

28 minutes ago, HomeBoi said:

Stop beeing such a silly baby, its not a big deal. They usually give an adapter or else most people already own wireless headphones..

Ahem. Apple

1 hour ago, HomeBoi said:

They should remove the USB connector as well. It will make the phone more waterproof.

Use wireless charging and call it a day. Everyone has a wireless charger now.

They need some iCourage

Can someone do a list of the best flagships that still feature the headphone jack?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

They usually give an adapter or else most people already own wireless headphones..

Its not just about headphones, I still need a jack for my Jeep, receiver, camp radio and buggy. Then I could add on my studio headphones which I am not replacing for BT. 

Its a big deal for some people 

4 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Can someone do a list of the best flagships that still feature the headphone jack?

S8/9 and note 8/9...I really cant think of any other flagship with a jack, maybe LG?

they are trying to hard to get rid of something you dont need to get rid of, desperate for few more sales over competitors

It is a big deal especially to me I own hundreds of dollars worth of audiophile gear that I'm not replacing with Bluetooth stuff. They don't make high end audio with Bluetooth why because Bluetooth ruins audio quality. Even the best Bluetooth quality isn't close there is an audible difference.