Overclocking Monitor from 60hz to 75hz?

NathanielCE

I have a Acer G276HL monitor, with a refresh rate of 60hz. I was wondering if I could overclock it to 75hz without damaging it? 

you could do it... but you shouldn't

LCD or LED monitors don't have enough room for cooling the main chips so you could overheat it by increasing the frequency, plus, you could notice more ghosting.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

8 minutes ago, NathanielCE said:

I have a Acer G276HL monitor, with a refresh rate of 60hz. I was wondering if I could overclock it to 75hz without damaging it? 

You usually wont get that far... 62-65 highly possible, 65-68 likely, 70-75, unlikely, but possible.

Some Monitors, that share panels with other models,... can be easier than others,..
My LG Ultrawide is labelled 60hz, but MANY forums, and users have found it's LEGIT stable at 75hz, and mine is too, no dropped frames,.. it actually can go to 82hz but colors shift the slightest.. so it's back to 75hz.

My Phillips panel, is a 60hz advertised,.. but 75hz is native and available without OC'ing or using a program to add it, it also doesn't skip frames from testing.

Luck of the Draw, go for 65hz, test, if it doesn't pass, still try for higher once or twice as it may not like 65hz but may indeed be fine at 66-67hz.
Trial and Error Testing Required,.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

10 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

You usually wont get that far... 62-65 highly possible, 65-68 likely, 70-75, unlikely, but possible.

Some Monitors, that share panels with other models,... can be easier than others,..
My LG Ultrawide is labelled 60hz, but MANY forums, and users have found it's LEGIT stable at 75hz, and mine is too, no dropped frames,.. it actually can go to 82hz but colors shift the slightest.. so it's back to 75hz.

My Phillips panel, is a 60hz advertised,.. but 75hz is native and available without OC'ing or using a program to add it, it also doesn't skip frames from testing.

Luck of the Draw, go for 65hz, test, if it doesn't pass, still try for higher once or twice as it may not like 65hz but may indeed be fine at 66-67hz.
Trial and Error Testing Required,.

so theres a silicon lottery for panels too? damn

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

12 minutes ago, mxk. said:

so theres a silicon lottery for panels too? damn

I mean.... if you want a faster panel... buy a faster monitor. OCing a monitor past it's advertised speed will only get you a few extra FPS at most. 

5 hours ago, corrado33 said:

I mean.... if you want a faster panel... buy a faster monitor. OCing a monitor past it's advertised speed will only get you a few extra FPS at most. 

Yup. Thats what I did getting my 144hz display. OC'ing definitely isn't worth it for monitors

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu