Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*Mod help* Got a scummy email, linus shared an image with me...?

well.. thats 2 in one day

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

16 minutes ago, Naxos said:

got this email about linus sharing s photo with me on google photos, looks like big scam to me

It's fake, just ignore it. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

It's fake. you can tell because of the way it is.

🌲🌲🌲

Judge the product by its own merits, not by the Company that created it.

1 hour ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

well.. thats 2 in one day

You sure about that?

The same, posting an image from a cell phone.

Naxos

1 post

Telenor DX vs Vodafone CZ, yeah maybe your right!

image.png.9b34d6286c579e49d3e073bfb60abb74.png

6 hours ago, Canada EH said:

You sure about that?

The same, posting an image from a cell phone.

Naxos

1 post

Telenor DX vs Vodafone CZ, yeah maybe your right!

image.png.9b34d6286c579e49d3e073bfb60abb74.png

Well you might think im just using trow away accounts.

But in reality, i havent had an issue i didn’t solve by reading other posts, therefor i never needed an account before now

There's nothing LMG can do about this except stating obvious. Any contact made by LMG would come with email ending "@linusmediagroup.com" or if its forums related "@linustechtips.com". They could add the normal things about that LMG will never ask your password, doesn't contact you unless you've participated in giveaway and they will only contact you with methods stated in giveaway rules.

And if you are wondering, there haven't been any Amazon gift card giveaways, ever.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Trust no one~

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 5.0Ghz (5.1Ghz 4-core) |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490 UD |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX @ 2666Mhz CL13 |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

On 12/10/2018 at 11:04 PM, Naxos said:

Well you might think im just using trow away accounts.

Yeah it was a bit suspicious to me, perhaps I should not have responded the way I did. It's not like I really care either way, but I did find it interesting. I was too quick in responding, and add in the "not caring" which is something I have to work on because its been my downfall here under Linus' roof. Its all amusement, fun and games with the anonymity of a computer screen and just not giving a fuck either way. The correct response would be it is not my concern, rather then not caring.

Either way, I hope you have solved your problem at hand. I am not sure of the solution to your problem, other then its just a matter of dealing with spam whether it be email or telephone calls. This day in age, all the scammers do is just fling as much mud as possible and see what sticks, in other words the more people they contact the greater the chance they will be able to catch one person with dementia. My concern has always been just that, because the scammers can take everything away. I mean we all laugh at people paying for a fraudulent tax debt in gift cards from a heavily accented person on the phone. To any normal person that is a red flag, atleast to me. Yes I know people with citizenship status in Canada and the USA have accents, from East Asia like Pakistand, India or Nigeria, heck some were even born here but they grew up in a household that spoke their homeland language.

What it comes down to in the situation I am talking about, is official communications between a bank or tax department is not done over the phone. If you owe money, a letter is sent and its sent via registered mail for the taxman. Banks and other companies would be regular mail, with official letterhead. The trick comes in the spoofing, and giving a different number. Could happen in letter mail, often times happens with websites.

Bored

and

Rambling