Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should i wait for the new amd gpus 3000 series?

Anas Dweik
 Share

Hi. 

I am planning to upgrade my gpu 

Is it worth to wait for amd rx 3080? For 250$?

If yes will it bottleneck with the i5 6600k since they said the card is going to be vega 64 +15%? 

 

My current gpu is r9 390x devil powercolor 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the GPU's bearable, wait. If not, replace with Vega 56 or 1070ti or higher.

 

1 minute ago, Anas Dweik said:

Is it worth to wait for amd rx 3080? For 250$?

If yes will it bottleneck with the i5 6600k since they said the card is going to be vega 64 +15%? 

The leaks are more fake than a flat earth

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If might be beneficial to wait until CES in January as we are only a month away from that,.

 

My rule of thumb is there will always be a new thing coming out. If your current GPU does what you need it to do you can wait. If it doesn't do what you need it to do then buy something now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jurrunio said:

If the GPU's bearable, wait. If not, replace with Vega 56 or 1070ti or higher.

 

The leaks are more fake than a flat earth

So it would bottleneck in gtx 1080 range ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

So it would bottleneck in gtx 1080 range ? 

maybe, but that's as good as an upgrade can be. bottleneck is not the plague, it shouldn't be avoided this aggressively.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Anas Dweik said:

So it would bottleneck in gtx 1080 range ? 

Even if it did bottleneck, you're still getting more performance than you have now. Just because something isn't performing to it's full potential doesn't mean that isn't performing excellently.

 

If you can wait, wait. It's not like we're that far off.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: AMD Radeon 6700XT 12GB PSU: Corsair SF600 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

 

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the harm in waiting?  If the new AMD cards are just hype, oh well pick up a Vega 56 and call it a day. haha. If Navi is in the ball park of what the leaks are implying, then it sounds like it's certainly worth the wait.  Just don't get your hopes up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2018 at 11:20 AM, pstarlord said:

What's the harm in waiting?  If the new AMD cards are just hype, oh well pick up a Vega 56 and call it a day. haha. If Navi is in the ball park of what the leaks are implying, then it sounds like it's certainly worth the wait.  Just don't get your hopes up. 

Its all about the price 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Anas Dweik said:

Its all about the price 

If it's literally all about price, then you should have bought about a month ago.  Crazy GPU deals at newegg all November.  That being said, post holiday sales can be pretty epic as well, the 26th to 31st of December is the last push retailers have to close the year out.  The selection might not be as nice, but you might be able to find some good deals then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pstarlord said:

If it's literally all about price, then you should have bought about a month ago.  Crazy GPU deals at newegg all November.  That being said, post holiday sales can be pretty epic as well, the 26th to 31st of December is the last push retailers have to close the year out.  The selection might not be as nice, but you might be able to find some good deals then.

but when you live in a sad country thats not going to happen bro :)

"no online shipping "

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×