Switch Controller on Pokemon Let's Go

Msuni

Is there anyway to use a Nintendo Switch controller on Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. I am using a third party controller however you cant use the Switch Pro Controller either. Any info/help? :)

No unfortunately it isn't.  Although its actually quite nice playing with a single joy-con to be honest.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

No unfortunately it isn't.  Although its actually quite nice playing with a single joy-con to be honest.

I dont mind playing with the joy-con except that the battery life isnt the best. Thanks for the reply. :)

18 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

I heard that they only allowed the Joy Con, so... I guess it's not possible.

Real shame hopefully they change it in the future.

I've never managed to drain a joy con so far, but that's because I would mostly play mobile or with the Pro Controller.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

Just now, Alex Atkin UK said:

I've never managed to drain a joy con so far, but that's because I would mostly play mobile or with the Pro Controller.

For long sessions the joy-con isnt that great. :)

1 minute ago, October22nd said:

For long sessions the joy-con isnt that great. :)

People always say that for the Dualshock 4 too, although at least that can be charged while in use.

It was tight of Nintendo to include the NONE charge grip with the Switch.  But then Pokemon would be near impossible to play with the joycon in the grip anyway.

People always say that for the Dualshock 4 too, although at least that can be charged while in use.

It was tight of Nintendo to include the NONE charge grip with the Switch.  But then Pokemon would be near impossible to play with the joycon in the grip anyway.

True, i mean i got a PS4 yesterday so havent really experience that with the dualshock so i cant really verify, but yeah i agree with your point about the joy-con. Really annoying how you cant play lets go with the joycon and have i charging. and i dont really want to purchase an accessory or whatever to do so as it should come as standard. Same with a lot of things with the switch tbh. haha

I can't complain too much, the Switch is an amazing piece of hardware for the price.  I suspect Nintendo are making much less profit per unit than they are used to with their consoles so had to cut back somewhere.

I can't complain too much, the Switch is an amazing piece of hardware for the price.  I suspect Nintendo are making much less profit per unit than they are used to with their consoles so had to cut back somewhere.

Yeah that's true the switch is amazing, some questionable games on it though lol

Also a shame that switch games are so expensive. 

1 hour ago, PacketMan said:

I heard that they only allowed the Joy Con, so... I guess it's not possible.

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Last thing do you know if there's a way to turn off shared xp?

No idea, but I wouldn't think so.  It kinda ties into the core mechanic that you need to earn XP for everything due to there being less battling involved.

I just wish they would speed-up the end of battle screens.  When we see the party and it shows graphically that some of your party have leveled up, why do we also need slow unskippable text telling us each individual Pokemon that leveled up?

After all these years and the many complaints they still haven't fixed the frustratingly clunky, slow text.  They sped it up a little, but its still painfully slow.  I honestly think they are just afraid people would realise how short the games are if they could properly skip all text.

On 12/10/2018 at 4:54 AM, Alex Atkin UK said:

No idea, but I wouldn't think so.  It kinda ties into the core mechanic that you need to earn XP for everything due to there being less battling involved.

I just wish they would speed-up the end of battle screens.  When we see the party and it shows graphically that some of your party have leveled up, why do we also need slow unskippable text telling us each individual Pokemon that leveled up?

After all these years and the many complaints they still haven't fixed the frustratingly clunky, slow text.  They sped it up a little, but its still painfully slow.  I honestly think they are just afraid people would realise how short the games are if they could properly skip all text.

I mean I have to agree with you, it took some time for me to adjust to the slowness of let's go as I mainly used to play pokemon on emulators where I could speed the game up. Which just made the game so much more fun personally.