Monitor not turning on

Yairz

So I recently got this problem with my monitor ( Acer Predator XB271HU Abmiprz 27-inch WQHD (2560x1440) NVIDIA G-SYNC Monitor ) Whenever i turn my computer, it will not turn on unless I try it several times, everything seems to be working whenever it actually does and there seems to be no problems whatsoever, I have to admit I havent cleaned it in about 2 months but sometimes I've done it for 3 or 4 with no mishaps. The monitor turns on and logo displays for a few seconds, the options can be tweaked like normal, i even changed the display and power cables but to no avail. Whenever it turns on I try to monitor temperatures thinking it might be my graphics card but nothing seems out of the ordinary. These are my specs

I-8700k Asrock fatality z370 k6 Msi seahawk ek x1080 gtx with another ek block 16 gb ram 250 ssd 2 1tb hdds Corsair rmx 850

Any help or suggestions would be immensely helpful

bumping, 

i tried to use an hdmi cable and use it on the motherboard, it worked like a charm but after i came back from work today the same problem persisted and took several tries before i was able to make it turn on

See if there are any bios or chipset updates on the motherboard manufactures website as that could resolve the issue

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

20 hours ago, AdvancedMicroDisapointment said:

See if there are any bios or chipset updates on the motherboard manufactures website as that could resolve the issue

there are some but im a total newbie when it comes to all that so i havent given a try, someone else in another forum told me to give another monitor/tv to narrow the problem and heres what happened

so here are my tries and i am more confused than ever,

mb hdmi to tv = 1 in 5 yes

mb hdmi to monitor = 1 in 3 yes

gpu hdmi to monitor = 5 in 5 yes

gpu dvi to monitor = 2 in 5 yes (but only if i have hdmi cable plugged in as well but if i toggle inputs the dvi input freezes up and wont open windows)

gpu hdmi to tv = 3 in 3 yes

1 hour ago, Yairz said:

there are some but im a total newbie when it comes to all that so i havent given a try, someone else in another forum told me to give another monitor/tv to narrow the problem and heres what happened

so here are my tries and i am more confused than ever,

mb hdmi to tv = 1 in 5 yes

mb hdmi to monitor = 1 in 3 yes

gpu hdmi to monitor = 5 in 5 yes

gpu dvi to monitor = 2 in 5 yes (but only if i have hdmi cable plugged in as well but if i toggle inputs the dvi input freezes up and wont open windows)

gpu hdmi to tv = 3 in 3 yes

you should only ever use your gpu outputs, and as far as the dvi thing that could potentially be fixed through a driver update for your graphics card

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

50 minutes ago, AdvancedMicroDisapointment said:

you should only ever use your gpu outputs, and as far as the dvi thing that could potentially be fixed through a driver update for your graphics card

yes i know but i gave it a try just in case it really was the monitor i updated them, still same thing