X3440/3430 4GHz on Hyper 212?

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
Just now, Supportsneedlove said:

But it's the socket 1156

Agh sorry, I was thinking of the x5670. The LGA 115x coolers have universal compatibility, so anything you would get that works on a modern Intel socket works on that one as well.

Will that work out or should I get something else? Please do leave suggestions but make sure that they aren't over 158 mm as that's the max my case supports. 

Cheers!

Max turbo is still below 3.0, so you're looking at a 33% clock speed performance, which will definitely produce more than 33% more heat. You might want to consider an AIO if you're height constrained.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Max turbo is still below 3.0, so you're looking at a 33% clock speed performance, which will definitely produce more than 33% more heat. You might want to consider an AIO if you're height constrained.

I did't think that'd be a good idea. Since it's my first PC

I did't think that'd be a good idea. Since it's my first PC

I don't see why not. A closed loop largely needs little maintenance, and you can learn how to service one a year in or something. Or were you just looking to get only budget parts to save for some more pricey parts later?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

18 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I don't see why not. A closed loop largely needs little maintenance, and you can learn how to service one a year in or something. Or were you just looking to get only budget parts to save for some more pricey parts later?

There are plenty of AIOs in my price range I just thought it'd be too difficult and my case even has fan slots in the top for it.

2 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

There are plenty of AIOs in my price range I just thought it'd be too difficult and my case even has fan slots in the top for it.

It's not particularly difficult, it's the same as attaching fans and a CPU cooler, just at the same time. It may actually be easier, since the little pump that goes over the CPU is quite small.

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

It's not particularly difficult, it's the same as attaching fans and a CPU cooler, just at the same time. It may actually be easier, since the little pump that goes over the CPU is quite small.

I see that there are backplates. Do they only work on a single socket or on all of them?

I see that there are backplates. Do they only work on a single socket or on all of them?

You usually need a backplate for Intel CPUs, LGA 1366 motherboards don't come with one if I remember. The mounting is an 80mm distance so it has the same mounting as LGA 2011.

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You usually need a backplate for Intel CPUs, LGA 1366 motherboards don't come with one if I remember. The mounting is an 80mm distance so it has the same mounting as LGA 2011.

But it's the socket 1156

But it's the socket 1156

Agh sorry, I was thinking of the x5670. The LGA 115x coolers have universal compatibility, so anything you would get that works on a modern Intel socket works on that one as well.

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

So an 1155 cooler would work on my CPU?

1 minute ago, Supportsneedlove said:

So an 1155 cooler would work on my CPU?

Sure would. That's why cooler compatibility is labelled as LGA 115x, because it doesn't matter what number that x is, Intel made the mounting distance the same.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

Sure would. That's why cooler compatibility is labelled as LGA 115x, because it doesn't matter what number that x is, Intel made the mounting distance the same.

Thanks mate you've been a great help!