Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RTX 2080ti which one to purchase?

archangel32

Hi guys. I am in the market to buy a 2080ti to replace my two MSI 980tis. With what is currently available to buy which make /version would be best to cost. I see there is lots of choice as usual and quite a wide price difference between them (1000-1500). As you guys are a lot more informed than I am, could you please give me your opinion and which one to get?

one person told some things and tell me if you agree will all these things

The only real negative across the board is price.

astrix 2080 rtx ti - Triple fan cooler, 1665 MHz Boost Clock

Evga Ftw3 2080 ti - Triple fan cooler, 1755 MHz Boost Clock

msi rtx trio 2080 ti - Triple fan cooler, 1755 MHz Boost Clock

Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI - Dual Fan Cooler, 1650 MHz Boost Clock

;; which you believe has better
better cooling systems: A triple Fan setup is generally going to cool more effectively than a dual fan setup
custom pcbs with more power phases and binned chips (nvidia sells two different chips to the classical cheaper manufacturers and "-A" which is cherry picked and pulls better oc) - Complete lottery IMHO. (I.E. Luck of the draw - makes no difference who you choose, but those that are factory overclocked a bit higher as to boost clock most likely have been binned to be able to support that elevated boost clock.)

what is the difference between evga FTW 2080 Ti with the ultra evga xc 2080 ti;; The FTW has a 3 fan cooler and a boost clock of 1755MHz vs. the XC Ultra with a 2 fan cooler and a boost clock of 1650MHz. That's pretty much it.

which is better;; can you tell me please;; Again, very little difference between any of these aside from factory boost clock and number of cooling fans. EVGA has the best warranty/customer support.

also some people say that the best custom vga 2080 ti cards are asus astrix 2080 TI and evga ftw 2080 ti. The EVGA card has a better factory boost clock, that's pretty much the only real difference between the two - they are both good cards.

I'd take the EVGA card due to the better warranty service should something go south.

In my eyes the evga ftw 3 is very ugly, but if you don't care about it go for it. If you don't order from amazon you need the best warranty you can get.

But EVGA has teased the KingPin 2080ti also, so that would probably be the best card out of all of them.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

I'd take the EVGA card, as it's good and has pretty good warranty. Warranty is transferable if you sell it, and if your card fails, ive seen stories where EVGA sends the next tier card (titan rtx when it comes out maybe?)

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

astrix 2080 rtx ti - Triple fan cooler, 1665 MHz Boost Clock

Evga Ftw3 2080 ti - Triple fan cooler, 1755 MHz Boost Clock

msi rtx trio 2080 ti - Triple fan cooler, 1755 MHz Boost Clock

Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI - Dual Fan Cooler, 1650 MHz Boost Clock

;; which you believe has better

in  overclocking,, pcb,, and custom quality and cooler;;

I would get the STRIX as it's the best looking IMO (wtf EVGA why did you cover your cards in shitty plastic this gen) and they all perform about the same

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

i mean  for  pcb,, and custom quality and cooler;; which is better ??? this  i mean