Broken Plastic Secure piece on HDD. Can I use Jumper Connector as a Transfer piece?

Aidan Hartline

So i bought a New 2tb drive to add with my almost full 1tb drive. But when I was pulling out the 1 tb drive to re cable manage, the Sata Cable snagged and Pulled down the pins and broke the plastic piece. I put the plastic piece in and held it to check the functionality and it still worked. But that piece got lost when I was having a friend take a look at it. So there is a 4 pin Jumper connection that will limit the transfer to 3 gb a second. But that is fine with me cause i just want to transfer everything over. So where can I find a Cable that will work so I can just transfer the data and get rid of it. Its a Segate Drive. And would this solution work or should I just redownload everything onto my New Drive. I have a 240 SSD which is my boot drivr and such.

Those jumpers aren't for data, they just limite speed. If you want to use the drive after breaking the connector you need to solder on a new sata connector.