2x140mm or 3x120mm

AMDuser

My case has a dust filter in the front, should I use static pressure or aiflow fans?

Which is better 2 140mm fans or 3 120mm fans? If noise is not an issue

It depends on the fans.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It depends on the fans.

Let's say it's the same fan just different sizes

8 minutes ago, AMDuser said:

Then 3x120 would typically be louder and deliver slightly more airflow.

But you need to read the specs to be sure.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Spoiler

1 hour ago, AMDuser said:

Bigger fans are better but there aren't any 140mm's that are just scaled up 120mm's. The thickness stays the same at 25mm and the design changes. 120mm's will generally be better though mainly due to a wider selection available making it easier to get good 120mm's.

What's considered static pressure and airflow is fairly arbitrary and dust filters range from a bit restrictive to very. What case are you using?

1 hour ago, AMDuser said:

AF120 LED's are better mainly due to the Rosewill fans you linked being not very good. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Do you have a real purpose or want? Looking at some cheap fans, id run the led corsair just for the light. But they don't move much air but hey work.

Prefer 140 when ever I can. 

I have 2 140s as intake and 3 120s as in take in a pair of identical case. Same noctua fans, id go either route if the fans are good.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz